The "What do we get for Beams?" thread

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

King Malta

Post by King Malta »

Defender wrote:Crows have stated Dangerfield is going nowhere this year, maybe we should turn our attention to Sloan, Beams for Sloan would be a fair outcome IMO.

Pies lose beams gain Sloan.

Crows lose Sloan - gain Aish+ pick 20ish- Sauce/patfull

Brisbane lose Aish pick 20ish Sauce/patfull- gain Beams.
There's a decent chance the Crows will lose Dangerfield next year regardless, can't see them willing to move Sloan and take that risk.

Them saying he's not up for trade doesn't mean anything anyway, if he is up for trade then it would not be smart to admit it, otherwise the potential value will drop somewhat.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

King Malta wrote:
Defender wrote:Crows have stated Dangerfield is going nowhere this year, maybe we should turn our attention to Sloan, Beams for Sloan would be a fair outcome IMO.

There's a decent chance the Crows will lose Dangerfield next year regardless, can't see them willing to move Sloan and take that risk.

Them saying he's not up for trade doesn't mean anything anyway, if he is up for trade then it would not be smart to admit it, otherwise the potential value will drop somewhat.
Sloan is uncontracted as of next year, Crows might be willing to deal this year if the price was right, a lot will depend on Rory though I suppose, he's rejected contract extensions to this point.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

No Danger of leaving
The Crows have categorically stated star midfielder Patrick Dangerfield will not be traded in the next few weeks.

The club's head of football David Noble said in the Adelaide Advertiser Dangerfield would not be part of trade talks, despite speculation Melbourne clubs are circling.

The Advertiser reported Melbourne is prepared to offer two first-round draft picks and the Magpies are keen with Beams likely to leave.

While Noble wouldn't elaborate on where talks were at with Dangerfield, Rory Sloane and Taylor Walker, who are all out of contract next year, it appears as though the former isn't going anywhere this October.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-04/t ... s-saturday
Defender...........

You like this.
King Malta

Post by King Malta »

Defender wrote:
King Malta wrote:

Sloan is uncontracted as of next year, Crows might be willing to deal this year if the price was right, a lot will depend on Rory though I suppose, he's rejected contract extensions to this point.
Is he? Interesting.

Crows could be about to experience a little exodus of their own. I'd prefer Dangerfield, but if they're both uncontracted next season I'd be sniffing around both with the hope of getting one.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Why not both?
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

King Malta wrote:
Defender wrote:
King Malta wrote: There's a decent chance the Crows will lose Dangerfield next year regardless, can't see them willing to move Sloan and take that risk.

Is he? Interesting.

Crows could be about to experience a little exodus of their own. I'd prefer Dangerfield, but if they're both uncontracted next season I'd be sniffing around both with the hope of getting one.
Many crow fans rate Sloan as their best player, I'm with you though in thinking Dangerfield is slightly better, I reckon Sloan and beams trade value would be identical.
Defender...........

You like this.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Slaon and Dangerfield are both much better footballers than Beams. But please, please, don't tell Brisbane.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Pies4shaw wrote:Slaon and Dangerfield are both much better footballers than Beams. But please, please, don't tell Brisbane.
Rubbish, Dangerfield slightly ahead and nothing between Beams and Sloan.
Defender...........

You like this.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

OK, whatever. You're entitled to your opinion and I'll just hang on to the correct one.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Pies4shaw wrote:OK, whatever. You're entitled to your opinion and I'll just hang on to the correct one.
"Slaon and Dangerfield are both much better footballers than Beams"

"Correct one"?

Kden. :roll:
Defender...........

You like this.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Pies4shaw wrote:OK, whatever. You're entitled to your opinion and I'll just hang on to the correct one.
i'd rather have danger and sloane over beams any day.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
GoWoodsmen

Post by GoWoodsmen »

Can anyone actually see this deal being done? I can't see it happening which poses an interesting question. What does a bloke do who didn't have the balls to turn up to the Copeland despite personal pleas from the president and coach but is then required to front up and play for the club for the next 12 months.

He's contracted. If he refuses to play can we sue for breach of contract??

Forget whether Brisbane or the Pies are being stubborn about this. Perhaps it's just the wrong time. If we were at Hawthorn's stage of age/experience you'd jump at pick 4 (plus a little sugar on top perhaps) but given our list profile pick 4 means jack, in fact so does pick 24. They are totally, utterly, completely useless to us. Anyone who claims you get a guaranteed gun with pick 4 or 5 is kidding themselves. It's likely but it's not guaranteed. And to turn that player into what Beams is today is perhaps a 10/1 or longer odds.

If Brisbane are serious then they will start talking to other clubs but their posturing tells me that they just think they'll pick him up for nix in 12 months time.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. A lot can change in 12 months. A bloke can change his mind? Maybe his brother will want out? Maybe we'll find more money or a longer deal?

Glad we've put a deadline of 5pm Friday though. At least we don't have to put up with anymore BS rumours after that time.

Anyway just curious what others think. Do we think it will be done?
Side By Side Forever
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

It will be done.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

^ yes, a deal of some sort will happen. i find it difficult to see beams in black and white next year. i'd also like to see the deadline pass and see what gcs is prepared to offer.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

FWIW, this is the latest (publicly, anyway) from the Bears:

"3:22pm: Peter Schwab (Brisbane Lions recruiting chief):

- Collingwood are well aware that the Brisbane Lions will not be giving up any players for Dayne Beams.

- He thinks it will be a combination of picks that gets the deal done, and is confident it will go through."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3FKzDmR4D