The "What do we get for Beams?" thread

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

RudeBoy wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:Apparently they have tweeted an announcement of a new young Lion to commit ... rumours are that it's Pick 5 and 25, essentially Pick 5 plus Greenwood for beams.

Gross. Collingwood ... you no longer have my membership next year if this is the case. Sorry, but this ain't hardball if true.

Wow. just ... WOW!

Spineless.
Why? We said we wanted pick 5 and a top ready made strong bodied midfielder. We've got that with this deal. Greenwood is possibly better than any player on the lions list, considering he came equal 2nd as the Roos best player, in a team which made it to the Prelim.
While we have to pay for Beams which some seem to forget, I would have preferred to offload pick 30 & keep 25. I know it's only 5 picks but there's something psychologically pleasing in a pick in the 20's compared to a pick 30. Otherwise I agree with your response but would keep it till friday COB just to f*ck with Brisvegas who have played an undermining role with Beams no doubt in relation to Collingwood.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Raw Hammer wrote:Greenwood had a breakout year. He's hard at it, but is not elite like Beams. He doesan't finish like Beams. He got 1 Brownlow vote. Beams finished Top 10-15. At Collingwood we find it hard enough to develop SUPERSTARS, and we lose one for a kid and 25 year old hard nut. I hope to be proved wrong, but I wanted a polished player in this deal.
Pendles, Sidey, Broomhead, Freeman are our polish, while Adams and Greenwood are our grunt. It's a good balance I reckon.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Raw Hammer wrote:Apparently they have tweeted an announcement of a new young Lion to commit ... rumours are that it's Pick 5 and 25, essentially Pick 5 plus Greenwood for beams.

Gross. Collingwood ... you no longer have my membership next year if this is the case. Sorry, but this ain't hardball if true.

Wow. just ... WOW!

Spineless.
good. your decision not to renew is spineless.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Wow. just ... WOW!

Spineless.

Would you rather keep a disgruntled player
And then lose him next yr for probably pk
9,10,11 depending where we finish??
That would be foolish. Keep the membership
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

scoobydoo wrote:

Wow. just ... WOW!

Spineless.

WHERE is Rocketronnie when we need him??

THIS is what he consistently posts about, Collingwood getting nothing for Beams if they don't trade. Why doesn't HE have a go at such posters??

RR, where are you dude???
Museman

Post by Museman »

scoobydoo wrote:

Wow. just ... WOW!

Spineless.

You're kidding right?

Disgruntled? why? this club has done nothing but stand by him, and this is thanks?

And what are we about to do?? "are ok, lets se if we can help you out with screwing us over"

FMD, did we supply the lube as well?
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Raw Hammer wrote:Gross. Collingwood ... you no longer have my membership next year if this is the case. Sorry, but this ain't hardball if true.

Spineless.
Bye. Ta ta,.....:roll:

PS, you could condsider resigning from here as well............ :shock:
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Brisbane's offer as reported in the Age online 1145 today:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/b ... z3FVi3yb6k

That is, picks 5 & 25 for Beams.

Can people pls settle & discuss ideas/options/choices. Whether it's too low or too high who TF Knows. It's merely speculation on all parts.

Now I don't want to be cliche about this but it is what it is (an offer) & we'll all know in the fullness of time, when the moment is ripe & at the appropriate juncture. What's that Bernard?
Last edited by watt price tully on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Wouldrather get nothing this year and make a stand. We coped in 2012 without him.
Est. 2002
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Museman wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:

Wow. just ... WOW!

Spineless.

You're kidding right?

Disgruntled? why? this club has done nothing but stand by him, and this is thanks?

And what are we about to do?? "are ok, lets se if we can help you out with screwing us over"

I'd rather not FYD, if a player who is contracted wants
To leave I call that disgruntled, why he is disgruntled
Is a different story, he is & doesn't wanna play for us
As I said we can get 5&25 now or 9,10,11 next yr
What would you prefer?
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Surely there would have to be another second round pick included.
kill for collingwood!
Museman

Post by Museman »

scoobydoo wrote:
Museman wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
You're kidding right?

What would you prefer?
Prefer to stand our ground and take unders next year if he doesn't have a change of mind.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Raw Hammer wrote:Wouldrather get nothing this year and make a stand. We coped in 2012 without him.
Rocketronnie, calling RR!!

Care to reply to this dude?

Get absolutely bloody NOTHING for Beams and you'll be very happy?

Wow!! Just wow!!

The new generation as gone bloody apeshit..... :shock: :idea:
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Museman wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
Museman wrote: You're kidding right?

What would you prefer?
Prefer to stand our ground and take unders next year if he doesn't have a change of mind.
You would prefer to stand your ground & get screwed next yr
That's not standing your ground that's being stupid. Briisy would piss themselves coz they would get Beans for Nothing & we get a shitty compo pk
That makes sense.😳
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

scoobydoo wrote:
Museman wrote:
scoobydoo wrote: I'd rather not FYD, if a player who is contracted wants
What would you prefer?
You would prefer to stand your ground & get screwed next yr
That's not standing your ground that's being stupid. Briisy would piss themselves coz they would get Beans for Nothing & we get a shitty compo pk
That makes sense.��
Unbelievable isn't it? Is it April fools day everyday here on Nick's???

Getting absolutely bloody nothing for Beams is seen by some tools here as a WIN...... :shock:

FMD....... :evil: