Pre Grand Final - Collingwood v. Brisbane. All comments here

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Beth

Pre Grand Final - Collingwood v. Brisbane. All comments here

Post by Beth »

Its full time at Sydney and Brisbane have run out convincing winners. I was hoping they would lose because I didn't want them to even have the remotest chance of thinking they could win for a third time.

Makes me wonder though, if someone upstairs is remembering this time last year and wanting to see the right team end up with the cup this time around. :D
Last edited by Beth on Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Confucious say " Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
Newelly
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Newelly »

Hmm hopefully the injuries and wear and tear of 4 weeks of finals action wears them down. Injuries stopped Essendon short in 2001. Adelaide though played every week in the 1997 and 1998 finals series and won. One of those was against a St Kilda side which hence can be discounted and the other was against a North Melbourne side that blew its chances to put them away in the first half.

As for replacing Rocca he might need two big men to replace him in McKee and Molloy. We may need to drop a small man to fit these two into the game. Molloy tends to play poorly against his old side but still maybe he's due for a belter. Whats anyone else thoughts on this, as I don't know how McKee has been playing in the Magoos.
DaicosMagic

Post by DaicosMagic »

I don't normally condone this sort of bahaviour, but Malthouse should tell Molloy, "This is your last game of football at Collingwood, perhaps your career. Go out there and clean Akermanis or Black or Pike up. There is no tomorrow, no tribunal to worry about, no send off rule." It's for a bloody premiership for Christ's sake. Last year Molloy barely gave a yelp in the GF. He has to go out there to hurt. Give away 50m or a downfield kick if it means hitting someone late in their backline. Unfortunately, this side cannot be defeated if we don't have close to our best out there. Without Rocca, I have little confidence. I want to, but all week I was praying for us not to do anything stupid, and wat does Rocca do in the 1st quarter? I am still pissed of and yet again it has marred our celebrations, just like Cloke last year. And thanks Sydney for capitulating worse than a Port Adelaide finals team - that was a disgrace of a last quarter, really.
Beth

Post by Beth »

DaicosMagic wrote:Unfortunately, this side cannot be defeated if we don't have close to our best out there. Without Rocca, I have little confidence.
I have to disagree Rocca will be missed if he doesn't play but to say that Brisbane cannot be defeated would be throwing the towel in before we even get to the day. We have a good strong team who can do anything they put their minds to, and I'm sure they would like nothing more than to wipe the smug smiles off the lions team.
Confucious say " Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
Bones

Post by Bones »

Mckee must play, if Fraser goes down, who have we got???

I would love to see Molly play, even if it's just to protect his mates.

There is not one player that I would drop from today...

Williams has played every game this year, its gunna kill him if he misses out.

Gewd, glad I am not gunna make the final decisions.
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

It's not all doom if Rocca is rubbed out......we've won without Bucks before and we can win without Rocca also.
The thing is we might have to ommit a small for a tall......as we need to bring in another ruck to relieve Josh.........that's if Molloy comes in.
Molloy can't ruck but he can play forward.
So who is that second ruck?........i tend to lean towards Walker ahead of Mckee.
The other thing is Rocca's form in our last two finals hasn't been good...so we don't purely just rely on Rocca.
I hope what i've wrote ends up just being crap as i hope Rocca gets off and plays next week.

Post by Guest »

GO PIES !!!! we are the Grand Final again. Collingwood simple thrashed port.

We are very disapointed that Rocca has been reported for elbowing Brenden Laide if Rocca dosn't get of I'm gonna be so angry and very disapointed. so if we lose Rocca will have to as hard as they can and make sure that Jason Akarmanis isn't doing his stupid handstand.

It was such a great game and so entertaing to see port choke :oops: they will never get into or win a Grand Final with the way they are going they are just playing like should be playing, wich is choking in finals football.

By Magpie Doonie
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

IN MOLLOY WALKER

OUT DAVIS ROCCA

If Rocca gets off no change pr maybe just leon for williams!!
alex

Post by alex »

this is a tough call but i htink betheras will come back in if rocca goes, nice call doonie.
Joel

Post by Joel »

favourites 2003 wrote:IN MOLLOY WALKER

OUT DAVIS ROCCA

If Rocca gets off no change pr maybe just leon for williams!!
Out Davis? Three goals in limited game time. I would think he would be worthy of a place in the side.

BTW, it sounds like Lappin might miss.
lones37

Post by lones37 »

If Pebbles gets rubbed out, i reckon the only replacement for him is Mark Richardson. He could play CHF because he is excellent in 1 on 1 contests and uses his body well. Steve Mckee and Tex are not as good in this area so i have a feeling MM will pull a major surprise this week. Molloy was told he was no chance to play again last week, and i dont think that will change. So forget him.

If he gets off, i reckon unchanged line up. If he goes, Richo in.
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

Last 6 teams who were left in 2003
Us
Brisbane
Port
Sydney
Adelaide
Essendon

Collingwoods last 5 undefeated weeks
Adelaide, Sydney, Essendon, Brisbane, Port............ We deserve this premirship more than anyone... now its time to get it!!
BLACK&WHITE FOREVER

TRUST IN OUR TEAM

Post by BLACK&WHITE FOREVER »

we dont see it because we are collingwood supporters but every other person is saying that collingwood are the better team this year and WE WILL win the premiership this year seeing williamstown have won and there last p/ship was 1990 also.So lets take this as a good omen and bring the trophy to vic park once again. :wink:

BLACK&WHITE FOREVER
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

If Rocca goes. I'd bring in Guy Richards or Cameron Cloke. On for the sake of needing a backup ruckman. Maybe, just maybe Tristan Walker.
grims

Post by grims »

While watching the williamstown grand final i was thinking about it and molloy can't be a direct replacement for rocca. My thoughts were surprise the whole lions side and bring in either Cameron Cloke or Mark Richardson. If we were to bring molloy in we'd have to also bring mckee in. But we are all assuming that rocca will go, i've seen people get let off for a lot more.