Pre Grand Final - Collingwood v. Brisbane. All comments here

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

maggie20ct

Post by maggie20ct »

ok im gonna be completely honest here,
I dont think i could take brisbane beating us again this year, im not saying that they are going to beat us but there is certainly a chance and my mental health might just go over the top if they do. Having images of the lions happy and prancing round the feild with the cup after the final siren and our boys crying makes me sick to my stomach and nothing would make me happier than to see that image reversed. This is our year and if Brisbane take that off us im gonna scream for weeks - trying to read who is more prepared/ready, has the better team, ect is impossible and it all comes down to 2 hours of game time. All i want is for bucks to get his dream come true and to see those bloody cocky lions with their heads down in shame......im going to be a nervous wreck all week, please let this have a happy ending
This message was proudly brought to you by Katie *cough* Tarrant :D
Taz2

PLEASSEEE

Post by Taz2 »

I wiil be exactly the same, i will not handle i will go insane, losing last year has made me bitter and twisted, going down again will destroy me, i will need help.

we certanly are not favorites, our only hope is that brisbanes injuries will carry through to the grand final. Im sick of Brisabane. we must stop them!!
red scorpion45

Post by red scorpion45 »

As a mad Collingwood fan up here in QLD copping shit of everyone and reading all the crap in the papers about the Lions we must win this to stop me from belting someone,Collingwood finally got a mention in the paper today,a whole bloody page on the Rocca incident,the last time we got a mention was when Brodie was rubbed out. If Rocca is cleared we will win,if not its an even money bet,for the first time our midfield is at least as good as theres and defensively we are better. Lappin could be injured and Voss is not going to dominate for a few minutes like he did against the Crows.
Reckon Molloy and Walker will come in(if Rocca gets suspended) and maybe Leon may miss out,which would suck after his game on the weekend,but he hasnt troubled the stats sheets in his last 2 against the Lions
I_love_Clokey

Post by I_love_Clokey »

If Rocca doesn't play this week than Tristen Walker would be my choice to replace him!! but if Molloy comes in I guess that would be ok

Go Pies Premiers 2003!!!!!
"You know life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and take a look around once in a while you could miss it!!"
DaicosMagic

Post by DaicosMagic »

I was at the Williamstown match today.

Williams - Poor. No second efforts. Played as if he knew he was not playing next week.

Betheras - Thereabouts, but little impact.

Molloy - A couple of goals, but looked tired and slow. Little chance of coming into the team.

C. Cloke - Dropped a few simple marks and had no imapct whatsoever.

G. Richards - Little impact.

Richardson - Little impact.

Walker - Did okay in defence. No major influence.

Swan - Very good game, but doubt if he's ready for AFL just yet.

Fletcher - Won best on ground. He is a gun and we should have picked him up last year instead of Cummings.

King - Very good game. Solid in defence.

No one really warranted a call up for the GF, but if it is horses for courses, Neon could miss out. He even admitted that he would understand if he was dropped this week. I would keep him in considering the GF performances of our senior players today.

Ex-umpire Derek Humphry-Smith said that with Rocca's contact, there has to be enough contact to warrant a striking charge. After watching the replay over and over again, I have optimistically concluded that he brushes Lade's neck, not his jaw, and it is a half-arsed glancing blow that only looks bad because of contact with the elbow. There is actually little contact at all. Lade played for the kick, because a graze to the neck would not knock someone over that easy. A genuine blow to the jaw would at least warrant the player on the receiving end feeling their face. Rocca has a good chance of getting off.
DaicosMagic

Post by DaicosMagic »

...Mckee - decent game.

However - the forecast is 16 degrees with occasional showers...
Colin G Wood

If Anthony is missing???

Post by Colin G Wood »

If Anthony is missing, we need to cover his part-time ruck role in addition to CHF. Also need to ensure that team structure is maintained.

Therefore only one option - McKee comes in to play the ruck work-horse, enabling Josh to go forward as well as ruck. McKee also plays well across half-back filling the spot.

Molloy is a different option again. Decision is whether we need additional "hit man"? But we would need to drop Kinnear who probably provides mor flexibility?

Just hope Anthony is there????
peter_pies4ever

Post by peter_pies4ever »

If Rocca goes the best move would be to play Walker even though he is inexperienced. He can play back and forward and can give Fraser a hand in the ruck. McKee can only play in the ruck and drop back in defence i wouldn't be playing him.
JLC

Post by JLC »

Leon WILL get his redemption this week and prove ALL the doubters wrong.

I would be going for a player who expended little energy for Willy yesterday but still played ok. Is there anyone in that category? You dont want a player who hasnt got much left in the tank.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Greg J

Post by Greg J »

This is the fourth time this season we have played the Lions.

Not only do we get the chance to win this premiership but we also get the chance to take revenge for last years defeat, and the chance to stop the Lions winning three in a row.

Nothing matters for the whole season except this game.

They have to play it as if it is the last game, because it is.

We have to cheer as if it is the last game, because it is.

Who's joining me for the walk back (read pub crawl) to Vicky Park after a few at the Cricketers after the game?
Scooby Doo says "I've been to Lexus too."
Kelpelican

Post by Kelpelican »

3 goals on saturday was great, but I am wary of Davis performing when we need it
I would replace him with Molloy and Rocca if he goes with Walker

Davis doesn't traditionally play well against the Bears and he was selected against the chokers based on his previous games as well as his Willy performance
I would be hesitant playing Didak and Davis on the same side as they play similar roles
woe_is_me

Post by woe_is_me »

We will win, make no mistake - Rocca or no Rocca.

Brisbane are on their last legs. We are fresher, hungrier, and are in great form.

It is our destiny - we are there and we will not be defeated!!!!!!!!!!!!
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

If Rocca goes and thats an if. Why do we need to replace him at CHF?? We can go small with scotty burns and buckley..we jus need a back-up ruckamn in mckee or walker no need to worry if he can play CHF or not! I know MM has something up his sleve he always we will just have to wait and see.
2 PIES IN CAIRNS

Post by 2 PIES IN CAIRNS »

Greg J...we'll be with you. Will even have a dress rehearsal at the Cricketers in the morning...

GO PIES...JUST ONE MORE WIN
Joel

Post by Joel »

MM has hinted that if Rocca goes out, there could be a suprise selection. Although, he also said that Molloy was a strong chance to return.