Pre Grand Final - Collingwood v. Brisbane. All comments here

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Trippy Pie

Post by Trippy Pie »

To borrow the words of a great Australian,

IT'S TIME!!!

GO THE WOODSMEN!!
Greg J

Post by Greg J »

Waiting for the players to run out for training, yesterday, I started to get incredibly nervous. I can not imagine how the players feel.

I just want them to have a red hot go, right from the start. Give their all. And all play blinders so that we flog them right from the start.

None of this close bullsh!t like last year. I want us to pump them from the outset.

Thats the only thing that is going to get rid of this feeling I have in my stomach everytime I find myself thinking about the game.

Oh well, I'll try and distract myself with some work for another hour or so, before heading off, to catch up with people from here, to watch the parade.
Scooby Doo says "I've been to Lexus too."
bokka

Post by bokka »

Seems to me the coaching at collingwood has improved as much as the players. Wathcing them play they don't make the mistakes they used to make eg -
- don't get suckered by the flood. Even in the grandie last year Brisbane clogged up our forward line for most of the game and we allowed theirs to stay open. We don't do that anymore, if they flood we flood back and may the best team win.
- don't freeze up and start playing safe when we are getting hammered. That was proved in the last h&a game vs the banes when we kept right on playing fast risk-takiing footy even when they were whipping us in the 1st, and we won the rest of the game. that didn't happen when we played em in Brisbane earlier, we got a bit rattled, that is a big change.
- we move the ball as fast as possible into the forward line consistently, that wasn't happening in the first half of the year.

the other thing is confidence, the players know they can win any contest and turn it around no matter how badly they are doing at the time, and don't get rattled.
Self-belief. That seems to be an intangible that Banes have probably more than anyone,and one place it especially shows is in goal kicking. I think we got rid of our last bit of self-doubt against the Banes last game when we got the yips bad in teh last q but still ran over them. That was where Didak was so valuable.

We are no longer a one or 2 or 3man side, Rocca is important but still just anohter player in this team and it won't affect the players' attitudes, we have so much leadership on the field now.
Yep I'm nervous alright - it's a bit like immovable mass meets irresistible force (not sure which is which, maybe a bit of each) but I'm quietly confident.
RAY

Post by RAY »

In all my days as a collingwood supporter/member, i have never seen a more focused & deterimed group of players. The Hurt & heart ache of last year still burns deep inside them. They are striving to go one better tomorrow and the momentum of the last 12 weeks & finals has been something to behold. They are on a mission

I am a washed with emotion, 1 minute I'm a raging lunatic, next I'm breathless with fear of 'what if we lose?' then out of now where I'll feel a lump in my throat and holding back tears of pride, from something i heard on the radio or seen on TV with regards to Collingwood.

The time is nigh, We the supporters know it, the coaching staff have planned for it & most of all the Players are prepared to do it.

In God we trust,
GO PIES,
Sugar Ray
Pies Premiers 2003

Post by Pies Premiers 2003 »

Bring em on....

I can't think take my mind off Tomorrow....

It will be the sweetest day....

I love September....

GO THE MIGHTY MAGPIES!!!!

Tomorrow is all about percentage :lol:
THE PIES GO MARCHING ON

TERRY
Taz2

:D

Post by Taz2 »

Amazing...in 24 hours we will be in excruciating heartache or in sweetness of joy and happyness!
commonwombat

Post by commonwombat »

Ray,
the first paragraph of yr post is one of the best expressed summations of this team I've read. Well put, mate.
he's an animal, what can u expect!!!
benno.gopiez

hERE WE GO

Post by benno.gopiez »

HERE WE GO
HERE WE GO
HERE WE GOOOO

HERE WE GO
HERE WE GO
HERE WE GOOOOO

HERE WE GO
HERE WE GO BRISBANE GO PIES TAKE EM TO SCHOOL
Jonesy

Post by Jonesy »

The Boys have the ability to do it.
Do it for there coach
Do it for there fans
Do it for there teammates
Do it for Ant, Tarks and all the others who have contributed
Do it for Bobby Rose....and most importantly do it for THEMSELVES!!

C'mon Pies, our time has arrived!!!
alex

Post by alex »

the saints and brisbane r shit!!!!!
Last edited by alex on Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Alf Andrews

Post by Dr Alf Andrews »

alex wrote:this is alex's bro evan my dad goes 4 brisbane so i am tipping brisbane to win the premiership by 1 point in a thrilla! GO THE mighty saints! next year we will come through for premiership glory
Huh?

:? :?: :?
Dr Alf Andrews

Post by Dr Alf Andrews »

This is it ...

No second prizes ...

Do or die ...

Have a great day everybody. Let's destroy the bastards.

PIES by plenty.
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

ALF

YOU BLOODY LEGEND!!!! I KNEW YOU HAD IT IN YA SON

GO YOU MAGNIFICENT PIES!!

CHEERS
Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Donny »

41 minutes to first bounce !!!!