#4 Brayden Maynard

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dangles

Post by Dangles »

Good to hear. I like the look of him.
E

Post by E »

The key to Maynard's success as a footballer will be whether the poor decision making I have seen from him is a weakness or simply rookie nerves.

If the former, he will not be the answer to our needs if we are serious about a flag unless he eradicates it as it has thwarted numerous scoring chances for us and we don't need our backline killing scoring chances (that is the role of our forwards).

If its the latter then he needs more game time to get comfortable at this level.

I agree that he is a great kick of the footy.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I am very much hoping to hear about more re-signings of key players as well glad to hear Maynard is back on board.
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

thompsoc wrote:It is funny I haven't watched him much on the footy field.
He really has slipped way under my radar.
They tell me he is a good kick.
But I can't give any opinion whether it is great news or not.
So let me get this right. You're fanatical enough to get on forums about the Pies, yet you don't know much about a Pies player? do you actually watch the footy and then make comments on here?

Just curious.
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
yin-YANG

Post by yin-YANG »

I was unsure the first game he played against the hawks, but by the next game I could see why he has many excited. SOme of his passes in the Port game were sensational. Superb vision and execution.

He was quiet against the weagles though and will be lucky to keep his spot this week - I would make him the sub against the Dogs.

Still only a teenager learning his craft - but happy to read he has committed to the Pies and signed on. :)
Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Darkstranger wrote:^
You are a strange one.
So let me get this right - you are a fanatic if you get on this forum, does that include you?
And yes I don't watch the footy silly,
I dilly dally in the garden all day long!
And by the way have you got your new licence for printing rubbish on Nicks?
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

First we had Moore, Ramsay and DeGoey signing contract extensions and now Maynard has done the same. The silence coming from the Scharenberg camp is fast becoming deafening.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

RudeBoy wrote:^
I know that this is stressing you out a bit RB but it is what it is and will be what it will be!! 8) It is beyond our control.
Que sera sera mate.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Just relax about it, RB. Que sera, sera. Really, there's no point us worrying about it. Given the way he's been playing in the reserves, so far, I doubt that there's a lengthy queue of potential suitors with cheque-books at the ready.

Edit - sorry, didn't realize that Lazza had said a number of the same things as me.
Last edited by Pies4shaw on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Lazza wrote:^
I'm just stating the facts. People are free to infer from it what they wish.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Really like this kid. He is way more than just a good kick. Tough, very good body strength, well balanced and comes with a good tank from his TAC days. Highly regarded on the track and just seems very single minded about improving his footy.
Right now he is just a boy playing a mans game and he hasn't been lost or overawed by the occasion.
It's easy to remember his couple clangers but it takes a few games to get used to the tempo no matter who you are. He does a lot of things well for a kid who has only played three games of senior footy. In a couple years time, he is going to be very hard to beat in a one on one contest, either in the air or at ground level.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Good news , a likely type and a great name to scream out MMMMMAAAYNNARRRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

This kid will become a monster midfielder in a couple of years.
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

thompsoc wrote:^
This is a fan forum. Fan is a derivative of fanatic. So yes, when it comes to the Collingwood football club, most people who post here would regard themselves as fanatics.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man