What are you listening to right now?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Neyech neyech neeeeeeeeyyyyyeeeeech neyech neyech neeeeeeeeee

Sprint cars!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

The sound of the photocopier / printer / fax right next to me at work as I log off & go home :D
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

You still have a fax facility? Is there a telegraph station as well?
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"This is like that movie, The Spaceman and King Arthur, but in reverse."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyOj_6eBlZY
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Pies4shaw wrote:You still have a fax facility? Is there a telegraph station as well?
You're too good at your work P4S. Getting all those corporates to avoid paying tax means there's too little left for the public hospital system :P :wink:

It's a printer / fax / scanner / photocopier .......Shoot me now for using the word "facility" but this unpaid overtime is killing me...
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman

Post by 3.14159 »

think positive wrote:Neyech neyech neeeeeeeeyyyyyeeeeech neyech neyech neeeeeeeeee

Sprint cars!
If you ever get sick of the glitz and glamour of Avalon Speed way you do worse than head up the hwy for the annual Mother's Dae Massacre*!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw9_K9XTIX0

b.y.o eggs!
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:You still have a fax facility? Is there a telegraph station as well?
You're too good at your work P4S. Getting all those corporates to avoid paying tax means there's too little left for the public hospital system :P :wink:

It's a printer / fax / scanner / photocopier .......Shoot me now for using the word "facility" but this unpaid overtime is killing me...
Tax avoidance is a crime. :shock:
David

Post by David »

I think I prefer the term "crime". It's like how multinationals tend to get "punished" and held "accountable" by the "legal system". Actions, after all, do have "consequences".
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

David wrote:I think I prefer the term "crime". It's like how multinationals tend to get "punished" and held "accountable" by the "legal system". Actions, after all, do have "consequences".
I have no free will your honour!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

Pies4shaw wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Tax avoidance is a crime. :shock:
You're right, should have read "their fair share"...tax minimization, tax loopholes, but at the end of the day, when the moment is ripe, in due season & at the appropriate juncture if it looks like a ..... :wink:
David

Post by David »

think positive wrote:
David wrote:I think I prefer the term "crime". It's like how multinationals tend to get "punished" and held "accountable" by the "legal system". Actions, after all, do have "consequences".
I have no free will your honour!
A corporation can be a person, apparently, but can it really have free will? ;)
watt price tully

On days off like tomorrow & I had a day of on Friday, hearing magpies. The baby birds are getting a bit annoying every now & then & the older ones are literally a metre away when I'm digging in the garden. I love their sounds overall. At times they swoop my dog & he chases them when they're on the side fence. Mostly great sounds.
watt price tully

Heard a bird swoop at me when walking my dog this morning to the vets. Got pretty close & had to take evasive action. I think it was a wattle bird this time.
stui magpie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:Heard a bird swoop at me when walking my dog this morning to the vets. Got pretty close & had to take evasive action. I think it was a wattle bird this time.
I don't get swooped by birds, I can walk through the park and they attack others including the dickwads on cycles with all the sticks on their helmet.

If I'm sitting out the front on the weekend, the magpies come up and look at me until I go in and get food for them. Some will come over and take it from my hand.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Ah, St Stui of Assisi.