Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

^ Nah. 'Cause Jacqui Lambie said it.

Slightly more seriously, it's a perfect way for our cultural reformers to justify hundreds of thousands arriving

Slightly more seriously again, the bastards among them will soon slip the tag and we'll have a perfect record of all the vast majority of people who mean us no harm at all.

Slightly more seriously seriously, this is a big problem - the biggest of our time, and probably the biggest since 1940. It will take extreme measures. But human dignity still matters, and I don't think people should be tagged like dogs because of where they come from.
Two more flags before I die!
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

I've seen (progressive/liberal) people using Native Americans or Australian Aboriginals to make a point that white people mass migrated once or were refugees (pilgrims). I say Exactly, and look what happens to a native population that is out bred and culturally dominated. Europe is in deep, deep shit.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

5 civilians murdered in Israel in the last 5-6 days

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 28,00.html
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Wokko wrote:I've seen (progressive/liberal) people using Native Americans or Australian Aboriginals to make a point that white people mass migrated once or were refugees (pilgrims). I say Exactly, and look what happens to a native population that is out bred and culturally dominated. Europe is in deep, deep shit.
I find it hard to know, Wokko, but it is possible. I believe this is an expansionist and imperialist religion, but it has a fight on its hands to assert its claims against the forces of modernity in our society - education, generational change, pluralism and powerful institutions.

Also, per my post in another thread, I think Europe is finally starting to wake up. Bizarrely, it may be IS and Al-Qaeda that make us actually address the problem that would have been far worse had it been allowed to slumber for a few more decades. Muslims are about 8-10% of Europe's population. A lot, but it's hard to mount a takeover with 10% of the shares - especially when some of your fellow shareholders are blowing up the company's assets.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Actually, Mugwump, 4% of Europe's population was the last figure I read, and apparently if we accepted every single Syrian refugee it would go up to about 5%. Thar takin' over! :roll:

As for Lambie, fascists will be fascists. Perhaps she should have read this:

http://www.ibtimes.com/paris-attack-201 ... es-2191677
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Jezza
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Mugwump wrote:
Wokko wrote:I've seen (progressive/liberal) people using Native Americans or Australian Aboriginals to make a point that white people mass migrated once or were refugees (pilgrims). I say Exactly, and look what happens to a native population that is out bred and culturally dominated. Europe is in deep, deep shit.
I find it hard to know, Wokko, but it is possible. I believe this is an expansionist and imperialist religion, but it has a fight on its hands to assert its claims against the forces of modernity in our society - education, generational change, pluralism and powerful institutions.

Also, per my post in another thread, I think Europe is finally starting to wake up. Bizarrely, it may be IS and Al-Qaeda that make us actually address the problem that would have been far worse had it been allowed to slumber for a few more decades. Muslims are about 8-10% of Europe's population. A lot, but it's hard to mount a takeover with 10% of the shares - especially when some of your fellow shareholders are blowing up the company's assets.
Fellow shareholders? There's that conflation again. Turn around for five minutes and you guys are impugning every last Muslim without care or distinction. Because we all know 100% of Muslims are missionary terrorists looking to take over Europe.

Honestly, you guys can't hold one conversation for the cameras and then resort to gross prejudice when drinking with your mates. Speaking factually all the time is surely the idea.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
stui magpie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 75 times

Post by stui magpie »

I read something the other day about the general issues with the Muslim population in Britain.

The one comment that resonated was that while Australia has a much smaller number of Muslims, the percentage of radicalisation in the population is the same.

That's why I'd support an immigration cap on Muslims. Any group that has demonstrated they don't assimilate into the local population well should be kept to a small manageable minority.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I think I know that one.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

pietillidie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Fellow shareholders? There's that conflation again. Turn around for five minutes and you guys are impugning every last Muslim without care or distinction. Because we all know 100% of Muslims are missionary terrorists looking to take over Europe.

Honestly, you guys can't hold one conversation for the cameras and then resort to gross prejudice when drinking with your mates. Speaking factually all the time is surely the idea.
Seemed a reasonable metaphor to me. I am not responsible for the bad acts of other shareholders in a public company in which I am myself a shareholder, though I do like to see that company's interests advanced. It's not impugning all Muslims at all. You're sniffing the air for odours that are not there.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

David wrote:Actually, Mugwump, 4% of Europe's population was the last figure I read, and apparently if we accepted every single Syrian refugee it would go up to about 5%. Thar takin' over! :roll:

It varies by country. In France it's about 8%, in Poland very few. The UK is about 6% from memory. it's certainly heading towards 10% in northern Europe. The rate of change matters, and with continued high rates of initial migration, plus family reunion and birth rates, it'll be a major force if we do not stop it. At 20% you have probably fundamentally changed the character of a society. Germany has taken almost a million in a year, and the level we have now is already large enough to result indirectly in thousands of murders via terrorism. I think you are being deeply complacent.
Jezza
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:Actually, Mugwump, 4% of Europe's population was the last figure I read, and apparently if we accepted every single Syrian refugee it would go up to about 5%. Thar takin' over! :roll:

It varies by country. In France it's about 8%, in Poland very few. The UK is about 6% from memory. it's certainly heading towards 10% in northern Europe. The rate of change matters, and with continued high rates of initial migration, plus family reunion and birth rates, it'll be a major force if we do not stop it. At 20% you have probably fundamentally changed the character of a society. Germany has taken almost a million in a year, and the level we have now is already large enough to result indirectly in thousands of murders via terrorism. I think you are being deeply complacent.
Percentage of the population of Muslims in each European country (end of 2010) - Countries with 5% or more!

Albania - 82.1%
Bosnia - 41.6%
Macedonia - 34.9%
Cyprus - 22.7%
Bulgaria - 13.4%
Georgia - 10.5%
Russia - 11.7%
France - 7.5%
Belgium - 6%
Austria - 5.7%
Netherlands - 5.5%
Germany - 5%
Switzerland - 5%

http://www.pewforum.org/2011/01/27/tabl ... y-country/

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... in-europe/

I will say that I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen an increase in many of these countries especially Germany, Sweden and France for example because these stats are now five years old.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

The top 7 of those have large historical Muslim populations, which is probably pushing that overall percentage up a little. You have to start from France and work down if you want to look at 20th/21st century arrival figures.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

David wrote:The top 7 of those have large historical Muslim populations, which is probably pushing that overall percentage up a little. You have to start from France and work down if you want to look at 20th/21st century arrival figures.
Indeed, it is Northern Europe - the powerhouse of European industry, technology, theory and innovation - that matters. What happens in Albania is seriously relevant only insofar as the EU's open borders policy makes Albanian Muslim migration to Northern Europe possible.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Skids »

5 facts about the Muslim population in Europe.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... in-europe/
Don't count the days, make the days count.