Matt Finnis on Nathan Freeman

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Matt Finnis on Nathan Freeman

Post by Damien »

The St Kilda President speaking on SEN just now: 'he's just about back into full training and We look forward to seeing Nathan Freeman at AFL level towards the middle and later part of the season.'

Looks like we aren't gunna regret this move.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
watt price tully

Re: Matt Finnis on Nathan Freeman

Post by watt price tully »

Damien wrote:The St Kilda President speaking on SEN just now: 'he's just about back into full training and We look forward to seeing Nathan Freeman at AFL level towards the middle and later part of the season.'

Hope the kid does well in his new team except against us where i hope he doesn't get a touch..

At the end of the day we didn't have much choice.

That years draft hasn't panned out too well for us in terms of the 2 first round draft picks. Who was to know?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Good luck to the kid. I want to see the best young prospects strutting their stuff. Doesn't matter who they play for as ultimately it makes for a better viewing spectacle for me.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Need to remember the kid hasn't played at any level for near on 2 years, so even if he's physicly right for round 1 it's going to take a fair bit of time before he's ready for AFL, good luck to the kid anyway.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Damien wrote:The St Kilda President speaking on SEN just now: 'he's just about back into full training and We look forward to seeing Nathan Freeman at AFL level towards the middle and later part of the season.'

We won't regret it, he wasn't going to break into the best 22, he may have a better chance now at St. Kilda but he wants to play senior football and wasn'tr going to do it yet at Collingwood. We've recruited well so losing Freeman won't hurt us, it's sad he's gone and I am not undervaluing him but we've got a fair few players at the moment in front of him.

And he knew that thus he left.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Wish we recruited McCarthy instead of Freeman. Total waste of a space on our list.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Daisy Thomas Mk 2. ??
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

The Prototype wrote:

We won't regret it, he wasn't going to break into the best 22, he may have a better chance now at St. Kilda but he wants to play senior football and wasn'tr going to do it yet at Collingwood. We've recruited well so losing Freeman won't hurt us, it's sad he's gone and I am not undervaluing him but we've got a fair few players at the moment in front of him.

And he knew that thus he left.
Plus we got Aish in to Replace him
I am Da Man
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:Wish we recruited McCarthy instead of Freeman. Total waste of a space on our list.
So he could get Homesick?
I am Da Man
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Piesnchess wrote:Daisy Thomas Mk 2. ??
Stupid post. Daisy was a major part of 2010.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

dalyc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Daisy Thomas Mk 2. ??
Stupid post. Daisy was a major part of 2010.
Yep. One of the worst posts I've ever read on Nick's. Dale was a gun for consecutive years, and was one of the top few players in the entire league in 2011. Chalk and cheese.
Est. 2002
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

All the best to the kid.

Starting to look like he did the right thing chasing the certainty of the money offered rather than the incentive based contract we offered (just like Daisy).