My thoughts on Collingwood footy boards

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

My thoughts on Collingwood footy boards

Post by Dave The Man »

Need to get this off my Chest:

I am really getting to get Sick of Footy Forums.

Member at Nicks since 2005 and Bigfooty since 2009.

I have found in last few years they have not been a Great/Happy place to be.

Speak your mind and get attacked and then Defend yourself then get trouble with Mods.

There are some good people on best forums but I finding myself not liking being on them and sometimes Hate the Feels there

I been spending less time on them this year. Most time I spend on them are Gamedays and that when I not like the Feeling on them
Last edited by Dave The Man on Sun May 29, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Da Man
The_Staunton

Post by The_Staunton »

It's the Internet in general DTM

There's no "I respect your opinion but"

All you can do if you use them is block and ignore

Talk to the reasonable people and everyone else can find a little boat and ship off

But I hear you though
We just got nutted at the clearances...
Bucks2014

Post by Bucks2014 »

Pretty simple fix Dave, don't post especially in the game thread. Write your thoughts elsewhere like a journal or something where they are just for you to critique.

You're a very passionate supporter Dave but you can at times be quite negative. This is where people will challenge you.

I think the game thread is the worst place to post as if we are getting badly beaten posts will come from anger, not rational thoughts, sometimes you need time to think about it.

Anyway you might totally disagree with what I have said and that's fine. It's just my 2 cents.

At the end of the day it's only a game, but a game we both love.
"Still waiting for your call Caroline ... not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwood's behalf,"
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Bucks2014 wrote:Pretty simple fix Dave, don't post especially in the game thread. Write your thoughts elsewhere like a journal or something where they are just for you to critique.

You're a very passionate supporter Dave but you can at times be quite negative. This is where people will challenge you.

I think the game thread is the worst place to post as if we are getting badly beaten posts will come from anger, not rational thoughts, sometimes you need time to think about it.

Anyway you might totally disagree with what I have said and that's fine. It's just my 2 cents.

At the end of the day it's only a game, but a game we both love.
You make some very good points.

But how can I post about a Game that is NOT in a Gameday Thread?

I know I can be Negative but yes I don't mind being Called on but Not with the Abuse. I guess being Gameday my Emotions have not gone yet. That normally takes to the Next Day to Fully Settle Down
I am Da Man
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Fair Enough. Though I guess people might tell you to harden Up ;)
Get back on top.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Dave The Man wrote:But how can I post about a Game that is NOT in a Gameday Thread?
Facebook might be the best place then if you cannot post on the forum during a game. Or twitter.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Nick's (and BigFooty) are Heaven compared to the jungle that is Twitter and Facebook. Dave's safer in here than out there. I speak from experience on that... :shock:
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I'd stay away from groups and pages to discuss it, but your own personal Facebook shouldn't be too bad for Dave to discuss it.

I rarely if ever discuss the games on Facebook other than in a group chat. Though there is a group I run that has been friendlier than most.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

MagpieBat wrote:Nick's (and BigFooty) are Heaven compared to the jungle that is Twitter and Facebook. Dave's safer in here than out there. I speak from experience on that... :shock:
I done a bit on Facebook and you do have point. They don't hold back on there. Lot of Blocked People have come from there.

It is better but not Perfect
I am Da Man
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I don't think there are any "perfect" places to discuss any topic really, if you put your thoughts out there you are always going to have to deal with the comments back here and there.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

The Prototype wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:Nick's (and BigFooty) are Heaven compared to the jungle that is Twitter and Facebook. Dave's safer in here than out there. I speak from experience on that... :shock:
I'd stay away from groups and pages to discuss it, but your own personal Facebook shouldn't be too bad for Dave to discuss it.

I rarely if ever discuss the games on Facebook other than in a group chat. Though there is a group I run that has been friendlier than most.
I tried few groups and yes they can be real Feral.

So posting on my Profile Friends can only respond?

What Group you Run?
I am Da Man
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Dave The Man wrote:I tried few groups and yes they can be real Feral.

So posting on my Profile Friends can only respond?

What Group you Run?
If that helps sure, or make it private so you can have your thoughts on the game and no one can abuse you back.

The Sports and General Asylum, generally it's friendly we try to debate more than abuse. Though there's always that element that wants to start a fight, etc.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

The Prototype wrote:

Yeah, that's probably the best way to talk about it on Facebook, but even then, people are prone to going overboard, even the ones we carefully vet...
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

ALL footy forums are the same, negative and positive posts and threads, ours is no different, fact.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
1892_

Post by 1892_ »

Emotions aways run higher after a loss. Don't text drunk, don't post angry/annoyed.

Perhaps use the train journey home as a chance to unwind and save posting your thoughts until you're home? Everybody should have had a chance to calm down by then and things hopefully won't be as heated.

Also better to block people who attack you rather than wasting time giving them the response they want. You won't miss anything not seeing their posts and will be much happier.