Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

The 1 million was in Germany alone, and across Europe it is probably near 2. The point is that base case is 10% by 2050 and the rate of increase has just accelerated sharply. It might get to 20% or 18% or 16%. Five percent is already a big problem. If this was an incursion of a devout Christian sect you'd be shouting it from the rooftops and demanding something be done. But because it is "not us" you consider it benign. Does that not strike you as odd ??

Suggest you read up on Pascal's wager. Labeling practical risk management a "justification for believing in the implausible" is glib and it belies your intellect. The problem with Pascals Wager is that evidence for God is pretty thin. The evidence for the rising Islamic population and the depredations of Islam is incontrovertible. It's not Pascal's wager at all.
Last edited by Mugwump on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Two more flags before I die!
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

^ most advanced nations have carpet bombed cities in the past, and committed atrocities. There is no real evidence that the present US administration wishes or plans to do this, as it has not done so. It has not even advocated carpet bombing anyone. You just made it up because "it once happened". On this basis, Poland should reinforce its Western borders.

Now, I think it is probably more likely that DT (Agent Orange) will do this compared to nice Mr Obama, but that's just a guess because he's a libidinous charlatan, its not a basis for suggesting it is likely to happen.
Two more flags before I die!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

Culprit

Post by Culprit »

If you have not seen this, here is the photo of the guy in hospital that fought off the attackers in London when they tried to get in to a bar?
His mates brought him in a present. :) lmao
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

^ the figures are not absurd at all. I've sourced the reference for the 10%, and explained that this projection assumed pre-2015 policies, which increased the intake dramatically. On this basis a 20% Islamic Europe is quite possible. By comparison with your airy confidence that it'll all be ok, really, in the end, I've been rigorous. You just do not like the answer.

I've explained why the Pascal analogy is categorically invalid. Repeating it in the same terms does not improve your logic. But again - Pascal was talking about believing in something for which there was no possible empirical validation. There is vivid evidence of Islam's horrors and its historic failure. That makes a response to it a simple risk calculation of a mundane kind.

Perhaps taking a million orthodox Christians annually into a secular society, year fare year, is something you would accept. Based on the number of negative things you have said about xtianity vs the number of exculpatory words you write on behalf of Islam, it did not seem likely, and of course it is academic anyway as the numbers are not large enough in their case. Still, as you have now explicitly clarified your position, it is understood thanks.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Skids »

Last edited by Skids on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
David

Post by David »

Mugwump wrote:^ the figures are not absurd at all. I've sourced the reference for the 10%, and explained that this projection assumed pre-2015 policies, which increased the intake dramatically. On this basis a 20% Islamic Europe is quite possible. By comparison with your airy confidence that it'll all be ok, really, in the end, I've been rigorous. You just do not like the answer.
But I've already refuted that above by pointing out that the intake did not, in relative terms, increase 'dramatically', and that a single one-off hit of 2 million people isn't enough to raise that projection to 11%, let alone 20%. So unless you can propose further dramatic population bursts that Pew Research hadn't already considered, your 20% figure is either laughable alarmism or simply terrible maths.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Skids

Post by Skids »

David

Post by David »

The dangers of irresponsible anti-Muslim rhetoric. This is more or less the mirror image of the attack in Brighton, except I'm guessing the usual suspects will be a little less eager to call this terrorism.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 70016.html
Skids

Post by Skids »

David wrote:The dangers of irresponsible anti-Muslim rhetoric. This is more or less the mirror image of the attack in Brighton, except I'm guessing the usual suspects will be a little less eager to call this terrorism.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 70016.html
Is it really surprising?! Lighting candles & praying doesn't work, do you think people are going to continue to sit back and wait?

Unfortunately this is the result of Muslim terrorist attacaks and like those, will, no doubt, continue to escalate.
Skids

Post by Skids »

David

Post by David »

Skids

Post by Skids »

So people voicing their concern is the cause of these atracks?
Your logic is like that of a piss weak parent appeasing a naughty child..... give them what they want to stop them misbehaving.

This arguement, along with the, refugees have no link to terrorism and all the other leftists insane excuses are wearing mighty thin.

I'm sorry David, but you and all the other snowflakes are in for a rude shock. I don't know how many more attacks or how many more deaths there have to be before the left finally admit to their terrible mistakes.

Again, Poland - NO refugees - NO terrorism..... HELLO!
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Let's ban all New Zealanders coming here as we have so many committing terrible crimes so they all must be evil.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-or ... 51a9fede9b