Vale / in Memorium

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Greg J

Post by Greg J »

It's a bit surreal. The Beaconsfield is just down the road, a couple of kilometers I admit, but still just down the road.

I heard on the radio that it was his heart, but here it seems to be a brain injury.

Breaking up a fight between whom?

The Beaconsfield is a meat market, particularly on Sunday nights. It the sort of place that has a queue, after a certain time at night, regardless of how many people are inside.
Scooby Doo says "I've been to Lexus too."
JLC

Post by JLC »

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/ ... 67536.html

Yup whats the bet a piss weak penalty gets handed out. Maybe 100 hours community work. Now at the end of the daya guys life has possibly be ruined if he has brain damage or a life ended if he passes away.

It will interesting to see what happens.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Being put in coma is the thanks he gets for trying to resolve a fight. My sympathy goes out to him and his family and hope he gets better quickly. :(
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I hope he keeps better, the guy that did that to him deserves to be sent to jail. It wa uncalled for, and could of (and sadly might) have caused serious injury to David Hookes, hopefully no long term damage has been done.
DOC

Post by DOC »

JLC wrote:
Yup whats the bet a piss weak penalty gets handed out. Maybe 100 hours community work. Now at the end of the daya guys life has possibly be ruined if he has brain damage or a life ended if he passes away.

It will interesting to see what happens.

jlc
what about bashin the arse hole who did this and see how he goes with brain damage
"were on our way to the M.C.G were on our way to the M.C.G were on our way to the M.C.G and were gunna win the cup
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Let's go easy people - we don't know all the facts.

Until things are more clear, how about we confine ourselves to expressions of condolence for the victim.
cooldewd

Post by cooldewd »

Just as we had discussions going on about John Greenings tragic fate, then we get this to remind us how dangerous blows to the head are.

It looks really bad at the moment, but I hope Hookesy pulls through.

The Dude
Joel

Post by Joel »

Just heard on ABC that he is still on life support.

I also heard that a man has been charged, so can we please have NO heresay or anything along those lines posted on Nick's. Thankyou.
i_luv_tarkyn!

Post by i_luv_tarkyn! »

an absolute tragedy. :(
my thoughts and prayers are with hookes and his family.

luv jess
LIVESTRONG
drew1602

Post by drew1602 »

Very Sad news on 3AW... Derryn Hinch has reported that his sources say that David Hookes's family will be turning the life support system very soon....

A very sad day in deed.....
Go You Pie Boys !!!
Now & Forever
Amen !!!
Sultan of spin

Post by Sultan of spin »

I like everyone else am totally appalled by what has happended to David, Things like this should not happen in a free nation like Australia (or anywhere else for that matter). David is a highly respected member of the cricket community and all we can do is hope that he is able to make some sort of recovery.

I see that someone has mentioned the courts well i'll add my piece and say I was amazed that the animal they have charged with this disgraceful act was released on Bail, I just found that ridiculous, David is fighting for his life while this monster is allowed to roam the streets, that is pathetic.
JLC

Post by JLC »

OMG that is an absolute tragedy and such a waste of a life :( I dont understand why some people think they have the right to take the life of another human being who has done nothing wrong.

The world has become a sad place.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
GreekLunatic
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

yeah they are gonna turn off his life support system i wish that low life scum bag that hit him gets his own
Fradam

Post by Fradam »

A tragedy that such a great man will be taken away from us. I hope for some miracle that he can pull through

It's a sad reflection on modern society that so many people die in violant acts.

My best wishes to the Hooes family and to Cricket Victora. After Scholes losing his life last year this is yet another heartbreaker for the players
Do I look like the tech?
Yobbo^LuKa

Post by Yobbo^LuKa »

Pretty sad event, you wouldnt wish this upon anybody. He may have been an a$$hole on the radio at times but it is what he is paid to do...To me he was the Sam Newman of Sports radio. Grrr hope he comes out of it...
Tradition? Pfft you call merging with Fitzroy and cheatin to 3 flags Tradition? Winning 4 flags in a row is history, which makes tradition!