Transgender politics and social issues

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

I thought of that thread, David, but what he peddles is not even psychobabble... If it's true and there is a backlash, we can only hope it is Carlton...
Last edited by K on Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 18 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

Jezza wrote:
Woods wrote:(NB. Peterson will be in Aust in Feb. Word I've heard is that an AFL club(s) is looking at getting him in to talk to players. He won't be got cheap though, I would think. Guys on a global roll.)
My guess is Carlton.

Apparently Chris Judd is a big fan of his.
This is a good idea.
A 3 hour discourse on the story of Genesis is exactly what Carlton need going into 2019.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

K wrote:I thought of that thread, David, but what he peddles is not even psychobabble... If it's true and there is a backlash, we can only hope it is Carlton...

A bit off topic: I'm looking at this Fortnite streaming video [imbedded in the article below] that captured an altercation between a gamer and his wife. It's really only audio. You don't see him slapping his wife, though you hear a lot.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/nsw/ ... 50lyg.html

Police charged him. He lost his Telstra job. I'm wondering what you think about that, David? I guess you think Telstra should butt out. [Oh, I see it says "suspended", not "sacked". 'Telstra general manager media Steve Carey said the alleged assault "goes against what we stand for as an organisation..." ']

The media have gone to town. Pictures of him in bed trying to avoid them...
I'm going to respond to that in the thread below, K, as I feel it's a bit off-topic in this thread.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=75
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Thanks, David. I looked for a better thread, but the ones that came up were e.g. "domestic violence deaths". If you quote it, I can edit/delete the above post. (I was watching it while reading this thread.)
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

David wrote:
K wrote:I thought of that thread, David, but what he peddles is not even psychobabble... If it's true and there is a backlash, we can only hope it is Carlton...

A bit off topic: I'm looking at this Fortnite streaming video [imbedded in the article below] that captured an altercation between a gamer and his wife. It's really only audio. You don't see him slapping his wife, though you hear a lot.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/nsw/ ... 50lyg.html

Police charged him. He lost his Telstra job. I'm wondering what you think about that, David? I guess you think Telstra should butt out. [Oh, I see it says "suspended", not "sacked". 'Telstra general manager media Steve Carey said the alleged assault "goes against what we stand for as an organisation..." ']

The media have gone to town. Pictures of him in bed trying to avoid them...
I'm going to respond to that in the thread below, K, as I feel it's a bit off-topic in this thread.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=75
The guy has apparently been charged with assault. It would be standard practice for an employer to suspend a person (with pay) in these situations, pending the results of the case.

Suspension in employment law is not deemed a penalty.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Bucks5 »

Didn't know where to put this as it is not about athletes. All I can say is only in England :P

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5341098/m ... -a-cervix/
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

When she shows up for a cervical smear, can they do a prostate test instead?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David

Post by David »

Bucks5 wrote:Didn't know where to put this as it is not about athletes. All I can say is only in England :P

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5341098/m ... -a-cervix/
I think you may need to read the (admittedly, extremely poorly written) piece again.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 18 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

think positive

Post by think positive »

there has to be more to it than that surely?

on a side note the MAFs articles, surely they are actors, no one could be that nasty and deluded??
David

Post by David »

think positive

Post by think positive »

David

Post by David »

think positive

Post by think positive »