Round 1 vs Cats

The home for conversation about our AFLW team - the best women's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Round 1 vs Cats

Post by Dark Beanie »

If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

- Side By Side -
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

A combined total of 6 goals.
💤
Bring Back Tranquilli
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

The only time i was mildly angry was when the scump paid a free to the cats for an illegal tackle. The ump had to run a marathon just to get there and the chick had dropped it anyway. i took the dog for walk at half time and it was the smartest thing I did as it started pouring rain 5 minutes after i got back and it is still belting down.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
VicParkTragic
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by VicParkTragic »

Living in Geelong, barracking for the 'pies!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

I watched a bit of it, flicking back and forwards to the BBL.

Cannot fault the effort, these girls go in hard, but the skill level is just poor which ruins it for me as a spectacle.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

It's gone backwards in a year simply because the talent pool is spread even thinner with more teams. They have a crack and in saying that the AFLW came out and stated that there will be more goals :lol: , more free play and that really hasn't happened. In saying that they had a good crowd and that's a good thing but I am with you Stu the lack of skill kills it for me. Some suggest to reduce the ground size, that would just make it more negative and scrappy.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Culprit wrote:It's gone backwards in a year simply because the talent pool is spread even thinner with more teams. They have a crack and in saying that the AFLW came out and stated that there will be more goals :lol: , more free play and that really hasn't happened. In saying that they had a good crowd and that's a good thing but I am with you Stu the lack of skill kills it for me. Some suggest to reduce the ground size, that would just make it more negative and scrappy.
it might help with more goals, because not many got kicked in any game from further than 25 metres out. the ball just kinda goes plop! i couldnt stay interested long, i was doing something else and had both friday games on the telly next to me. its just too slow and seems like a scramble. i agree with the low skill comments, though maybe that will get better. found it very hard to watch TBH.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!