#7 Josh Daicos

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

TaylorMade

Post by TaylorMade »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:Can't say I'm feeling it. He did some nice things but mainly when the heat was out of the game. I think he's a tidy player but when you're that size in today's game I think you need to be a bit special. I'm not sure he is that. Hard to see where he fits

Never underestimate a Daicos
On the eve of a Dynasty
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

I think he has the potential to be a very good player but, like with the Brown boys, I think the younger will be the better.

Josh has serious skills and his body shape and fitness shows he has the determination and work ethic. He won't be his dad but will still be good.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He needs to get his hand on the ball when he gets his chance. At the moment he shows class when he has it, but unfortunately he doesn't get it enough.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

How do you know what he needs?
TaylorMade

Post by TaylorMade »

Dermot Brereton said that you would take 15-20 possessions from Daicos and Stephenson over some other players 25-30 possession games because of what they can do.

He said also "they could kill you with 15 touches"
On the eve of a Dynasty
E

Post by E »

TaylorMade wrote:Dermot Brereton said that you would take 15-20 possessions from Daicos and Stephenson over some other players 25-30 possession games because of what they can do.

to be fair, he was a little more focused on Stevenson than Daicos when he said it. I think Stevo gives Dermie an erection
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

TaylorMade wrote:Dermot Brereton said that you would take 15-20 possessions from Daicos and Stephenson over some other players 25-30 possession games because of what they can do.

Brereton is right. He usually is. It's always a surprise to me when people dismiss his comments.
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

I understand that Daicos was was very close to being delisted at the end of last season. With the mids/small forwards that we have this is probably his last opportunity to convince the club that he has a future there.
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Pies4shaw wrote:

Brereton is right. He usually is. It's always a surprise to me when people dismiss his comments.
Couldn't agree more. He is one of the best re special comments.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

Podpicken wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

That's right. He sees the things that the other commentators don't see.

His detailed analysis of why the Freo game crowd were standing in front of the portable toilets on a hot day was just one example.
TaylorMade

Post by TaylorMade »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Podpicken wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote: Brereton is right. He usually is. It's always a surprise to me when people dismiss his comments.

His detailed analysis of why the Freo game crowd were standing in front of the portable toilets on a hot day was just one example.
hehe
On the eve of a Dynasty
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

TaylorMade wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:...

hehe
What was his analysis? That they chose shade at the cost of inhaling toxic fumes?
Jezza
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:I understand that Daicos was very close to being delisted at the end of last season.
This surprises me. I always thought he was safe and showed enough last year that he was worth persisting with for another season.

For what it's worth, I think he has all the hallmarks of being a very good player.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
E

Post by E »

Jezza wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:I understand that Daicos was very close to being delisted at the end of last season.
This surprises me. I always thought he was safe and showed enough last year that he was worth persisting with for another season.

For what it's worth, I think he has all the hallmarks of being a very good player.
It is true that he is coming along nicely (and i dont think he would look out of place in the best 22), BUT it is without question that there are at least 30 players on the list that are currently ahead of him and most of the guys behind him have even more chance of improving than him.

He is going to need to really continue to make improvements if he hopes to have a career at Collingwood.
TaylorMade

Post by TaylorMade »

E wrote:
Jezza wrote:

It is true that he is coming along nicely (and i dont think he would look out of place in the best 22), BUT it is without question that there are at least 30 players on the list that are currently ahead of him and most of the guys behind him have even more chance of improving than him.

He is going to need to really continue to make improvements if he hopes to have a career at Collingwood.
How many beers have you had tonight?
On the eve of a Dynasty