Post Match v Wet Toast, All comments here thank you!

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

M@®©

Post by M@®© »

why people ride off sides after one game is STUPID
one game doesnt make a season
I hate Port but didnt they lose their wizard game in 2003 then lost every practice game after that as well as lose there 1st 3 games of the year then went on to finish on top after round 22 .....another one wce were 2nd mid season and thumped the lions at the gabba by 70 odd points 1 GAME DONT MAKE A SEASON things are easily turned around
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Lone Ranger wrote:Joffa, I agree it was disappointing that the youngsters didnt have a good night. BUT, from listening to Malthouse and others, it was VERY clear that we did NOT want to win Saturday night. Whilst noone want to be flogged, there is not doubt that the match committe did NOT want to continue in the Wizard Cup.
If that was true id be a very shattered supporter!

In any case we actually might be a bit harsh on the young ones, its a long flight to perth plus a ground and surroundings that are not familiar, im lookin forward to see how they go at vicky park this saturday
Two_Pies

Post by Two_Pies »

With one month to go after a late start to preparations MM and Co. made the call to field a team of rookies and rest a few to get a feel for where they are at. It was an experiment plain and simple. Put them in the pressure cooker and see how they react.

I agree Joff we ae being harsh on the young 'uns if the seasoned players are feeling the pinch of the late start hello - surely the same applies that they would be underdone too! To have all six first timers play at once in hindsight (what a wonderful thing) was detrimental to their development. So many of them were in key positions where they struggled to find any touch. I believe it was a shortcut to see where we are at with them so we were not out to lose but it was always going to be a tough ask.
Let all your troubles be forgot for we are Collingwood. We'll fight it out until the end we're Collingwood. So help me Jock.
Two pies and two beers thanks!!