Practice Match: Pies V Swans - All discussion here thanks

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Joel

Practice Match: Pies V Swans - All discussion here thanks

Post by Joel »

Well I don't know if many people will want to discuss this weeks game, but I'm sure some people will, so can we please discuss it in here.

This isn't looking to be an overly flashy game, after Sydney lost by 102 against Carlton (although they had more players missing than us), and we lost by 105.

Anyway, GO PIES!
Joel

Post by Joel »

BTW, the game is this Saturday at Victoria Park. Game time is @ 2pm.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

I am hoping that they go hard at it from the 1st bounce on Saturday. It would be nice to have a big win on our home ground. Hope they play Woey, Taz & Licca. Maybe even Locks off the bench. Hope the crowd says a little hello to Nick Davis! Should be a good game, and I will post probably tomorrow or the next day in a little more detail.
Yobbo^LuKa

Post by Yobbo^LuKa »

Im going to be there with a slab and a mouthful of abuse for the Sydney Scons!
Tradition? Pfft you call merging with Fitzroy and cheatin to 3 flags Tradition? Winning 4 flags in a row is history, which makes tradition!
MAGNESIUM- PIE

Post by MAGNESIUM- PIE »

This is amazing ppls maybe we could reanact the riot match in 1986 but this time the scorbords result will be reversed! Cheers 8) Another fact maybe this could be biiled or is the last last ever match that Collingwood will play against another team at the great Victoria Park/ Jock Mchale Stadium spooky!
How was Wimbledon!
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

Remember that it is only a practice match ... the important things are:
- how the youngsters go
- who has taken the next step

The score/whether we win is IRRELEVANT
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies

Post by Go_The_Mighty_Magpies »

I wish I was able to go, but my cousin is getting married that day so I cant. I'm not too worried about whether we win or not as it is only a practise match, as long as no one gets injured.
There is just one team we favour...
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Team's For Saturday:

Wizard Regional Challenge squads
3:18:22 PM Thu 26 February, 2004
afl.com.au
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&s ... eid=135330
Collingwood: Leon Davis, Ryan Lonie, Alan Didak, Nathan Buckley, Brodie Holland, James Clement, Shane O'Bree, Steve McKee, Bo Nixon, Scott Burns, Guy Richards, Josh Fraser, Ben Kinnear, Matthew Lokan, Luke Shackleton, David King, Cameron Cloke, Jason Cloke, Dane Swan, Tristen Walker, Heath Shaw, Nick Maxwell,
Zane Leonard.
Joel

Post by Joel »

LOL, looks like we're in for a thrashing.
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

iownder if my brother and I got in a car tomorrow night, if we would get there in time, driving non stop.....lol
..would be worth it to see the pies play at vic park just one more time
hey maybe icould use nicks to raise the money....lmao

Have a great time all......hope the old place is jumping to the sound of the Magpie army in full force....

Cheers
magpie meg

Post by magpie meg »

i have to bloody work, grrrrrrrrrr. very annoyed
Partyn & the pies is there nemore to life???
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

I hope that we go 110% at this one. If we lose again then the media attension will grow larger and there will be more pressure on the team and coaching staff. Even though its still February, it would be nice to have a victory. Any-way, I would like to see Zane Leonard do well. He sounds like he has been promising in Pre-Season and I hope he can crack the Williamstown firsts by the end of the year. Also, I hope to see 'Junior' Shaw and Nick Maxwell have a good match. I've never seen Maxy play for more then a quarter and the coaching staff must see some-thing in him. Dane Swan, Bo Nixon and Guy Richards should continue their improvement. Prediction: Pies by 28 points. Go Pies!!
magpies are 2 good

Post by magpies are 2 good »

looks like we mite lose again just by looking at our side but i hope we win which is likely coz it is on our home ground and in front of our supporters. i wont be going :x coz i have cricket other wise i would of been there yelling at the swan players
swooper
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

Im really jealous, would LOVE to be back watching a match at Vic Park, but am going away for the weekend........have a great time all, and be loud and proud!!
natkingcole

swans game

Post by natkingcole »

we can win or lose as far as I'm concerned, as long as there are NO INJURIES and our young players show something.