Practice Match: Pies V Swans - All discussion here thanks

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Swans set for tough battle
By Adrian Warren
Sydney
February 28, 2004
http://realfooty.theage.com.au/articles ... 61696.html

Sydney coach Paul Roos expects gritty rather than pretty football tomorrow when the Swans and Magpies face each other after suffering 100-point-plus hidings in Wizard Cup games last week.
Miss_Lisey_Molloy

Post by Miss_Lisey_Molloy »

Yay I'll be there! I told my mum and dad last night and they are so excited to go, just like me! :D YAAAAAAY

GO PIES! :D

Jarrod Molloy for Best On Ground ;) *i wish!* :(
Love always, Alyssa xoox
*~Alyssa's Song Of The Moment~*
I See You - Luke Bryan

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
Joel

Post by Joel »

Half Time:

Sydney 6.3 39
Collingwood 3.6 24

Obree and Leon Davis playing well apparently.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Pies 6.8 44

Swans 7.5 47

(Corrected) 3/4 Time.

Guys are doing well considering we are missing our spine.
Pies_Chat

Post by Pies_Chat »

oops
Last edited by Pies_Chat on Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pies_Chat

Post by Pies_Chat »

Final Scores

Pies 6 11 47
Swannettes 12 8 80

pies 17 shots to swans 20 shots, so not a real indication of the game.

A BIG thank you to Tess for staying away from the Vodka long enough to SMS score updates to BJ. There were up to 20 ppl in chat waiting on the good work,
Thank you for your efforts.

Now, anyone in Alice Springs?
Anyone?

PM me or MagpieMad if you are going to the game next week.
PieClive

Post by PieClive »

Yep - thanks BJ and Tess. Not worried about the result - just a practice game. Hope Didak is OK.
freddie foxx

Post by freddie foxx »

whats the news on didaks injury?
practice makes perfect but perfect practice makes a champion-peter daicos
CQ

Post by CQ »

so we got thrashed in the 2nd half eh, pfft they better get their arses into gear by round 1!!
DaicosMagic

Post by DaicosMagic »

Many players out:

Prestigiacomo
Johnson
Wakelin
Tarrant
Rocca
Cole
Licuria
Woewodin
Shaw
Burns (injured in 1st - didn't return. Arm injury, possibly broken)

Lack of intensity until the 3rd quarter when hard tackling and 1%'s like smothering showed what a difference they could make.

Our forward line is struggling bad without Tarrant.

Heath Shaw played and looks the goods - smart footballer. You could tell right away he has a football brain. Too many of our players are dumb footballers.

Kinnear - why is he still on our list? Fell to ground in nearly every 1-on-1 situation and looked disinterested.

Guy Richards is a very good tap ruckman, often finding players on the run from stoppages.

We looked very slow and stagnant. Our skills were terrible. New kids found the ball but would cough it up immediately with errany decision making and poor disposal.

Didak, whom I tipped late last year to be our gun for the year, was outstanding until his skills backfired. As the ball was going out of bounds in the forward pocket, he kept it in Daicos style through his legs, before being beset upon over the boundary line (if he had have let it go out in the first place he wouldn't have got hurt). A tussle ensued and he either has a corked thigh/knee or twisted knee or worse. If it's worse, we're in trouble - he is destined for big things this year and his class is what this team badly needs.

Leon davis found plenty of it and did quite well. As did Holland and O'Bree - but lack of penetration in both's kicking hurts us.

Overall, we did quite well against a far stronger and experienced team (on paper).

Our intensity is still yet to be seen (apart from the 3rd quarter), so, seriously, beware the sleeping giant.

One thing is for sure - we require quick, skillful, classy players. On a dry track, Sydney is always too quick and skillful for us. Goodes, as is always the case vs us, dominated.
Eunos

Post by Eunos »

Tess, I'm suprised that Nicky was on the ground. He made an appearance, well, him and his mum, in the Virtual Outer.
Let us just say that his squealing for his dummy and his mummy bought much amusement to the gathered throng.
At one stage he was very hungry and poor old mum had to flop out the teat!
As far as Vic Park goes, it is finished, lets accept that and move on. The old girl could not be upgraded for AFL all those years ago, so why are we suprised that it is even worse now?
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

All I can say is it was a lovely day to watch pretend football at Vic Park. Few people being serious after the game.

My main worry is lack of depth. What was on show was a disgrace a few key injuries and we are in serious shit.

My other big concern is they nearly ran out of beer, wtf? People at Collingwood need to take a good hard look at themselves.

Collingwood people attend anything.
Madi

Post by Madi »

My friend and me were leaving Vic Park today at the same time as Scott Burns was leaving and we saw him hopping into his car,
I know his arm wasnt in a sling and I'm pretty sure his arm wasnt bandaged so I dont think it was broken.
S kilful
C ourageous
O ften overlooked
T rustworthy
T errific

B rave
U nderestimated
R eliable
N ice
S uperstar!!!!
zoia

Post by zoia »

they actually did run out at 1 stage, but thanks to dan3:16 they went down to local bottlelow and purchased more for the boys down at vic park
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

Luke Shackleton to Alice Springs wil be great, hopefully he will shed 20 kilos in the heat. Geez, who's his dietician? Cummings?

Cameron Cloke, with all the crap that was said by David last week saying Travis may compete for a position with his brothers. All I can say David, you need to open your eyes. Cameron is way off a regular senior berth.

Heath Shaw, crap disposal under pressure. Can play, but will take time.

One stage there he gave up the chase on the boundary line and he should have been dragged just for that, then moved forward and motioned to recieve the ball which he got, then did nothing with it.

Lack of Pace was another standout. We got killed to many times.

Malthouse did not coach after 1/4 time, it was all McKenna and they just ran through the motions.

One more standout, how the hell Walker can have so much game time and stil not touch the ball is a joke. Overated and a huge disapointment.