Practice Match: Pies V Port - All comments here please

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Eunos

Post by Eunos »

Ev5Magpies wrote:Tazz didn't play
Strange, was reported during the game that Tazz gave away a 50 mtr penalty that cost the team a goal.
PeterWH

Post by PeterWH »

Christ it looks like 1/2 the team was absent last night.....geeze 14 points aint really that bad....what was wrong with Port.
The report on Sky news this morning was....'The pies misery continues with Port Adelaide winning last night'Gee where do they get their material from.
14 points is good when you have the bet part of your defence and centre line on the bench along with the strike force of the forward line absent.
I thought that the whole team was on the part.Fox footy channel didnt show the game lastnight as they have showed some of the other games.In actuall fact they havent showed and PIES games for the past week,its all being Swans,Dorks,Scum and 'D'.
Geeze I hate these people that keep putting the PIES down when they dont know what they are talking about.
The season proper dosent start for a couple more weeks,so where do they get off.
PeterWH VK2FPHR Membership No.248693
PIES FOR PREMIERS.... YEAH WHEN!!!
We missed 2002 to 2009,BUT 2010 was OUR YEAR.. WATCH OUT 2018 here we come.We hope!!
Joel

Post by Joel »

Ev5Magpies wrote:Tazz didn't play
He was named.
chalky

Post by chalky »

Get used to the rough house tactics ie more than usual intimidatory attitude, as all coaches watched the GF and now think they have found a percieved weakness in our game plan. The heat will be on each and every game from now on that's for sure. Interesting to see how the youngens stand up. Not too many "hit men" ala Molloy to put the fear into the likes of Pickett. Guys like Bux can take care of himself, but what about some of our youger boys?
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

essendon were called marshmallows and turned it around with a flag in 2000.
Get back on top.
Eunos

Post by Eunos »

Updating the Tazz play/not play situation.
Quote attributed to Mick Malthouse in todays Age;
"Tarrant had not played a game this year until tonight"
Endquote.
FunkyPieMaster

Not worried about result

Post by FunkyPieMaster »

To go down by 14 points without lots of players is a good sign and it is good to give the youngsters a run.

I wouldn't take pre season too seriously, fancy a Wizard Cup final between Geelong and St Kilda, definitely not an indication for the real thing in September.
I still reckon Rocca got that goal

We didn't get our 40 acres and a mule
But you're my piece of the rock
And I love you CC
piedys
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 70 times

Post by piedys »

If i was a Port Powder puff fan, and my team beat a half strength Collingwood line up by ONLY 14 points, i'd be very concerned with getting a home final this year!

dyso
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Well the big question is where did the citizens of alice springs hide their wheelie bins just in case the pies got up???

Typical port adelaide lets win a game up at the alice but lets choke on prelim day in front of near 90.000 people at the home of football the MCG
cheers
PS its only march!!!