Practice Match: Pies V Demons - All comments here please

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

foxy

Post by foxy »

i expect most of the cricketers gang (i.e. folks from LSD, extreme b & w, & nick's) will be meeting on the social club steps tomorrow. any new faces, come along & say hello.
Greg J

Post by Greg J »

If all goes well, at work, I will be there.
Scooby Doo says "I've been to Lexus too."
GO RUPERT 10

Post by GO RUPERT 10 »

gee we were awful in some parts today
and i reckon ben kinnear will be lucky to play 3 games judging on his performance today
the shaw boys both looked good but its worrying with 2 weeks till round 1
Joel

Post by Joel »

Final Scores for those who don't know.

Collingwood 7 8 50

Fraser 2, Rocca 2, Richards, Holland, Nixon

Melbourne 9 12 66

GR10, we are still missing a bunch of players.
Woey2

Post by Woey2 »

Yeah can't take a massive amount out of the match. More to give players some game time before round one than anything else.
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

Well, that was fun :) Enjoyed watching a game at Vic Park again and getting into the spirits....oops, i mean spirit (I think).

Roll on Round 1.......i've got the taste for it!
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
magpies are 2 good

Post by magpies are 2 good »

i know the game has finished and we lost BUT the magpies should of won the game reason why. i was behind goals at sherrin stand 3rd quater a melb player kicked a point the goal umpire gave it as a goal when it missed the goal. then to top things of another melb player kicked another point a few minutes later the same goal umpire gave it as a goal when the player kicked a point but u reckon he would get 3 times lucky wouldn't you well in the last quater a collingwood player kicked a GOAL what did this goal umpire give it yea he gave it as a point.
lethalburns

Post by lethalburns »

Was the guy at the gate legit? The one asking for $10 for entry?

Is that some sort of JOKE?

I looked at him as if ' what the hell? '. Then he asked if I was a member and he said thats fine, after checking my card.

Anyway more on topic.

Rocca and Fraser might have big years ahead of them bar any injuries *fingers crossed*.

O'bree got alot of the ball, Lonie played fairly tightly on Robo, Walker is still clumsy, Cole ran through the lines, Lica looks like he should have another good year, burns was a little quiet, Buckley was accetable, Tarrent chased very well and presented very well. Clement was used in the forward line, he was OK. Johnnos kicking has gone backwards again, about 5-6 misdirected kicks. Cloke put himself in the right spots and kicked poorly all game. Williams was his usual shit self. Brodie was reasonable, not sure if he was tagging anyone. Kinnear got little game time and had no impact when on the field. Leon chased in the forward line and setup 1 goal.

OK.. Cya folks! Sorry for the lack of description.. I had a lonnng day
JLC

Post by JLC »

The worrying part is that Buckley still gets BOG every match.......lol One would have thought some of the younger players would stand up.

I wasnt there so i cant comment too much but this form has to be a worry. I will be very surprised if we win rd 1.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Well im not terribly worried after all its still only march and it's only a practise game

Two weeks time the 'MAGPIE' will be unleashed!!!
GO YOU MAGPIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnson#26

Demons prevail over Magpies: www.afl.com.au

Post by Johnson#26 »

Demons prevail over Magpies
7:02:27 PM Fri 12 March, 2004
Matt Burgan
Sportal/Exclusive to afl.com.au
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&s ... eid=137866
Joel

Post by Joel »

Suspected Injury blow to Pie defender
By Karen Lyon
March 13, 2004

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/real ... 62292.html
Collingwood's poor pre-season took another turn for the worse when key defender James Clement was taken to hospital at three-quarter time in the club's 16-point defeat by Melbourne yesterday with a suspected fractured cheekbone.

A heavy pack clash in the Melbourne goal square during the third quarter left Clement on his hands and knees and needing medical attention. An ambulance was called and he was taken to hospital for X-rays on his cheekbone and eye-socket.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Dees add to Pies woes
Sat, Mar 13, 2004
The Border Mail
http://www.bordermail.com.au/newsflow/p ... _id=702360