Pre-Match: Collingwood V Bitchmond - All comments here

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

I'd definitely play Nixon, and also try and fit in Kinnear & Williams. I think they are confidence players and they will only get confidence in the 1s.

so i guess

B: Johnson Wakelin Nixon
HB: Holland J.Cloke Cole
C: O'Bree Didak Lonie
HF: Burns Tarrant Kinnear
F: Davis Walker Williams
R: Fraser Buckley Licuria

Int: McKee Richards Lokan R.Shaw

Emerg: C.Cloke King Swan

Injured: Prestigiacomo, Clement, Woewodin
Susp: Rocca
Get back on top.
JLC

Post by JLC »

That team wont be good enough to beat Richmond.

Wakelin is the only decent tall defender and he cant contain Richo, Ottens and Stafford by himself

A normal Danny Frawley style low standard boring low scoring game would suit me fine for a change. If its a shoot out we will run out of ammunition or shoot ourselves in the foot

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

I disagree. Cloke can take Ottens, Wakelin can handle Richo and Stafford will be more worried about where Fraser is loitering. Walker can go down back, Richards or McKee can ruck, Fraser can play CHF or FF.
Get back on top.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

erniedog wrote:Assuming as close to GF team as possible:
definitely out:- Clement, Scotland
possibly out:- presti, wowodin
questionable value:- walker, kinnear

Thus up to 6 replcements required
candidates - Richards, Cloke, Hall (in interview Malthouse specifically excluded by name all first year recruits except Hall), Nixon, Williams, king,
swan, mcgough, mullins shakleton.

Nixon, williams look the closest by type to clement. One could also be used to replace scotland.
Cloke and Fraser as forwards. With Cloke replacing either walker or kinnear.
Richards ruck extra backman (fraser dowing all forward rucking).
If Presti unavailable then Hall.
If mcgough fit, then could replace wowodin. If not, then probably king.
Good post but I disagree with you on Hall. I don't think the selectors will pick him after his bout of Glandular Fevor. Nixon will definatly be in the 25.
peter_pies4ever

Post by peter_pies4ever »

Malthouse indicated in the interview in the Herald Sun today that some youngsters will be given ago next week so im guessing it could be from the following: C.Cloke, G.Richards, B.Nixon, T.Davidson, H.Shaw
JLC

Post by JLC »

For what its worth here is my team assuming Woewodin, Presti are out injured with Clement and Tarks and Rocca suspended

B: Ben Johnson Wakelin Walker

HB: Cole J.Cloke R.Shaw

C: Lonie Bucks Lokan

HF Didak Tarrant Holland

F Leon Davis Fraser Obree

R McKee RR Burns

R Licca

Int Kinnear, Richards, C Cloke, Davidson

Backline looks pretty ordinary but as long as Stunner drops back and helps out a bit hopefully it can do the job. Lonie matches up on Bowden which is good as neither are physical and Lokan can tag.

We may as well concede the hit outs and back our midfield to read Stafford and Otto and get a whole game or close to it out of Josh at full forward.

jlc
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

peter_pies4ever wrote:Malthouse indicated in the interview in the Herald Sun today that some youngsters will be given ago next week so im guessing it could be from the following: C.Cloke, G.Richards, B.Nixon, T.Davidson, H.Shaw
Richards will definitly play as will C.Cloke. Nixon is also a chance but I don't beleive Davidson and H.Shaw will play just yet. What about Mullins? I thought he did alright in the Wizard Cup, maybe he's a chance on the wing. As long as Stunner and/or Cloke 1 play as a loose man across half back then I think we may be able to come out victors.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I think it will come down to either Richards or Cloke, I really don't think both will play. Nixon I haven't seen much of him, saw him play a couple of VFL games looked pretty decent. Mullins could sneak in, I don't think H.Shaw will play, Davidson might get a game this season.
chalky

Post by chalky »

There are going to be some real probs in the horses for courses philosophy MM has adhered to in the past. With Presti and Rocca out, we will struggle to contain their talls esp on a dry night. Wakelin will HAVE to take one of them. Whoever it is, is capable of, and no doubt will take him up the ground. Richo, Ottens or Stafford are mobile enough. This will leave us undersized and undermanned. So with the added pressure of no Clement who steps up? JCloke is the only one. He has got some nice scalps, Carey, Brown. Not Walker. We have to get them thinking about how to stop us up forward. Fraser and Tarrant must take big marks to force spud to send someone back. Therefore it is imperative Richards not only plays but plays significant time in the ruck. Of the others to press for selection - Williams must play, Nixon deserves to play (I like this kid) Kinnear gets one more last chance again?! No CCloke atm. This game will not be pretty. We just want the 4 pts!
Joel

Post by Joel »

In the injury list, it says Preti is available to play...and Presti is going to have a run with Willi this weekend, so I expect he will play.
chalky

Post by chalky »

Joel, if Presti does play and comes through unscathed then it will be a huge step toward winning what will probably be a tight affair. He can run with Richo leaving Wakes and Cloke to double either Stafford or Ottens. They will play close to goals. Big sigh of relief. Thanks for the heads up.
peter_pies4ever

Post by peter_pies4ever »

Presti, Woey and Didak will play according to the official website. Presti played yesterday and the others played on friday in a practise type of match. Does anyone think Richards and C.Cloke may both play Friday?
RayByrneForPOPE

Post by RayByrneForPOPE »

Mckee has to play in this game to let Fraser play forward and if he has to go onto Richo or Ottens if they start to dominate (with no Perry Commo or Clemment) . I hope Mckee gets more game time this year and i reckon he is a good goer and am sick of people who hang sh*t on him all the time.
JLC

Post by JLC »

I have been watching the last time we played Richmond and for a lot of the game Ottens was in the ruck and Richo hardly got a sniff up up forward. Presti was superb and Pebbles started in the ruck followed by Fraser.

The thing that stood out was the attack on the football. Richmond came out hard for the first 5 minutes but were very undisciplined and when we whethered the storm they folded quicker than a cheap beach chair.

The likes of Licuria and Burns were fantastic in that gerard..

The loss of Rocca will be very significant as he was able to play in the ruck and provide a focal point up forward.

jlc
MaggiesChick_33

game V Richmond

Post by MaggiesChick_33 »

Hi everyone!!!

I am new on here and I cant wait for the new season to start.

I hope that Mick gives some of the young guys a chance but I think the only two or three that will play will be Guy Richards, David King and Bo Nixon but I do hope that Cameron and Shacks play too.

I know we will win this game I just have that feeling and i know that Friday is going to be the best day of the year not only becuase Collingwood are playing but becuase we are going to win too.
Better than Ben Davies
Fitter than Chris Tarrant
Boy u may be hotter than Cam Cloke
And Trav Cloke Don't match u either
Coz your name is sexy Sean Rusling