#14 Darcy Cameron

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

What'sinaname wrote:not sure why everyone thinks we need a back up ruck.

If Grundy goes down, we're fooked anyways. I'd rather a player that could play as a permanent forward and perhaps do some part time ruck and do both better than Cox.

In Darcy we have a player who we hope plays ZERO games. If he has to play game, then our season is screwed anyways.
Well if 17 other clubs all have back up ruckman in their list, there’s probably some merit to it.
In this trade period alone, Frampton traded to Crows, Phillips traded to the Bombers. That’s what you do when you have a list of 40 odd. You have insurance. No one can replace Grundy but why change your entire forward structure by throwing Cox into the ruck when you can roll out Cameron and at least leave your forward line intact
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

What'sinaname wrote:not sure why everyone thinks we need a back up ruck.
Cameron is better than most people think. There's a lot of positives to this.

It takes a little of pressure of of us if the unthinkable happened. It gives us the option to rest Grundy. It gives Grundy someone to contend with at training. Low wage and basically a free trade, it's nice to get one over the Swans for once. Sure he isnt the #1 option, but he still fills a need that we have, albeit a lower need.

I've followed Cameron a little bit in the past and I'm shocked that he hasnt played more senior footy. At worst, our VFL team has become more competitive and will give the top 8 a real shake.
What'sinaname wrote:I'd rather a player that could play as a permanent forward and perhaps do some part time ruck and do both better than Cox.
Thats true, but who is available that can do that?

It's not a great move. But it's a good move. Should have been done in the opening days however.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

How the hell can the club be creative with their reqruiting when the specific player options are not available? WHO are these rucks (except Phillips and Frampton) who were available?
And a question to those who watch the VFL closely, is Lynch a potential senior ruckman in the making?
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
shawthing
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Lazza wrote:How the hell can the club be creative with their reqruiting when the specific player options are not available? WHO are these rucks (except Phillips and Frampton) who were available?
And a question to those who watch the VFL closely, is Lynch a potential senior ruckman in the making?
I don't know Lazza. I'm too depressed about our potential future. We huff and puff at Collingwood (Eddie) but nothing ever really happens. We're like Manchester United under the Glazers. :roll:
Pies2016
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Lazza wrote:How the hell can the club be creative with their reqruiting when the specific player options are not available? WHO are these rucks (except Phillips and Frampton) who were available?
That’s a good point.
Also Jacobs went to GWS as their new first ruck and Zac Smith also went back home.
Securing and then keeping a quality second ruckman is bloody difficult because the moment he becomes any good, then he’s off to another club on more money and more opportunity.
I reckon Cameron is an astute pick up. He’s at least a genuine ruckman and would understand he comes to the club knowing his opportunities are limited.
That’s usually what pick 60 odd delivers anyway.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

would have rathered us taking a punt on Jenkins
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

The only way to judge how wonderful this selection is: let the season start!

'This could be heaven or this could be Hell'

Now Darcy boy, over to you to take it or leave it.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

What'sinaname wrote:would have rathered us taking a punt on Jenkins
Ned Guy wasn't interested in him at all. For some reason.
Get back on top.
Rogue2k0

Post by Rogue2k0 »

Pies2016 wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Rogue2k0 wrote:Finally - Collingwood involved in a Trade - SERIOUSLY why did it take so long?

Should have been done day 1.

Now we need the following to go through
- Aish to Freo for pick 22 or (St Kilda's 18 for Hill)
- Wills to North for Pick 8 or 26 or 27 - they need a Big Bodied Mid.
- Scharenberg to Adelaide for Jenkins and pick 49 or next years 3rd round (Scharenberg a gun and 6.5 years younger)
Can you come to my home and "VALUE" my house?
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

inxs88 wrote:
Rogue2k0 wrote:...
Now we need the following to go through
- Aish to Freo for pick 22 or (St Kilda's 18 for Hill)
- Wills to North for Pick 8 or 26 or 27 - they need a Big Bodied Mid.
- Scharenberg to Adelaide for Jenkins and pick 49 or next years 3rd round (Scharenberg a gun and 6.5 years younger)
Can you come to my home and "VALUE" my house?
:shock: :shock:
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Cameron is clearly there as a back up player for Grundy.

Reid is there as a back up player for Mihocek, Darcy Moore and possibly Roughead.

Hopefully Cameron and Reid remain VFL players throughout 2020.
Streak

Post by Streak »

What'sinaname wrote:If Grundy goes down, our season goes to the shit. Darcy isn't going to be the answer.
We will see. You could have said exactly the same thing last year about our pickup of Roughead. Would you give Roughead back for anything?
E

Post by E »

Rogue2k0 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
inxs88 wrote: Can you come to my home and "VALUE" my house?
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Maybe we will be looking to give Grundy a rest in a few games next year.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

2nd in the NEAFL best and fairest 2018 ( injured last year )
Not many rucks perform well in the midfielders award - think there is up side and keen to see how he develops
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan