Pre-Match: Collingwood V Bitchmond - All comments here

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

JLC wrote:I have been watching the last time we played Richmond and for a lot of the game Ottens was in the ruck and Richo hardly got a sniff up up forward. Presti was superb and Pebbles started in the ruck followed by Fraser.

The thing that stood out was the attack on the football. Richmond came out hard for the first 5 minutes but were very undisciplined and when we whethered the storm they folded quicker than a cheap beach chair.

The likes of Licuria and Burns were fantastic in that gerard..

The loss of Rocca will be very significant as he was able to play in the ruck and provide a focal point up forward.

jlc
Haha that was a great game. Bucks BOG with Fraser in good form as well. Wasn't that the game where Richo marked about 20-30 meters out and kicked it out on the full?? Or was that round 1.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Cupido a month away: Sheedy
5:38:29 PM Sun 21 March, 2004
Jordan Chong
Sportal
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&s ... eid=138821

If you look down at the bottom of the page, you will see this:
Depending on how Hilton, Duncan Kellaway, Billy Nichols and Simon Fletcher recover from today’s hit-out, he believes the Tigers will have a full list to pick from to take on Collingwood.
Looks like the tiges will be fit and firing come round 1.
JLC

Post by JLC »

I hope Hilton does play as he is a lazy footballer and Lonie spanked him last time. Nicholls isnt that good either and Fletcher is a Carlton reject. Duncan Kellaway is an old man now and coming off a limited preparation i doubt he will be much value.

Bucks and Burns were on SEN last night and both have a great sense of humour and they made for great radio and are a credit to the club. They had a hilarious interview with Presti. The good news is that Presti has declared himself fit to play.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Two_Pies

Post by Two_Pies »

Richmond will go into this quietly confident I would think. Media hype has us written off for the season injury riddled, missing stars, relying on the youngsters and veteran stalwarts no longer at the club. Heard many an expert claiming we will miss Rupe, Molly and Scotland. We miss them personally but in reality how many games did they play last year ?? Also having Tarks out will hurt the Pies - hello wasn't it Rd.3 he got injured !! So in reality we have a cloud over Presti and Woey. Clement definately and Rocca (one more week to go). Pretty full list if you ask me!!
Let all your troubles be forgot for we are Collingwood. We'll fight it out until the end we're Collingwood. So help me Jock.
Two pies and two beers thanks!!
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

The thing about the media crap is that they are only a tommorrows article away from jumping back on our bandwagon. Germs like heat.
Get back on top.
Two_Pies

Post by Two_Pies »

Does anyone think this could happen again...
http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp ... leid=81481

Tex kept Richo pretty quiet on debut. There was a saving grace that Richo had the yips as well but I've got a feeling MM will try him on again.
Let all your troubles be forgot for we are Collingwood. We'll fight it out until the end we're Collingwood. So help me Jock.
Two pies and two beers thanks!!
PeterWH

Post by PeterWH »

I am confident that the PIES will win the game,it will be close,BUT its only the first game and there are 21 to go after it.
PeterWH VK2FPHR Membership No.248693
PIES FOR PREMIERS.... YEAH WHEN!!!
We missed 2002 to 2009,BUT 2010 was OUR YEAR.. WATCH OUT 2018 here we come.We hope!!
JLC

Post by JLC »

MM should quit while he is ahead on that move.

There is only ONE man for Richo and thats Presti.

Wakelin can take Ottens if he plays forward.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Richo is Presti's biatch.

Let them be. I'm sure they'll have a wonderful time chatting and catching up.

Jen
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
McGough27

Post by McGough27 »

This is my tip for Round 1 v Richmond .

B : R.Shaw S.Prestigiacomo B.Johnson

HB : J.Cloke S.Wakelin M.Lokan

C : R.Cole N.Buckley S.Woewodin

HF : A.Didak T.Walker S.O'Bree

F : S.Burns C.Tarrant T.Davidson

R : J.Fraser P.Licuria B.Holland

I : G.Richards L.Davis R.Lonie A.Williams

Davidson should play in the forward pocket along side Taz . I don't think you can replace Rocca , he will be a big loss but am hoping Tex gets the gig . All we need is someone to contest , bring the ball to ground and allow the smallish forwards to at least have a chance . Richards has done ok in the pre season matches and deserves his chance .

Changes to the Grand Final side -

OUT - Scotland , Clement , Kinnear .

In - Davidson , Richards , Williams .
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

I hope they don't play Walker on Richo. He was just lucky that in round 1 last year Richo didn't have his kicking boots on other-wise he would have murdered us. Presti, fit or 5% fit is still the best option for Richo with Jonno on Brown. Wakelin to take Morrison & J.Cloke to take Ottens when forward.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Two_Pies wrote:Tex kept Richo pretty quiet on debut. There was a saving grace that Richo had the yips as well but I've got a feeling MM will try him on again.
Tex is one of Micks favourite players, so it wouldn't surprise me if he got another chance on Richo. Could BK be a surprise opponent for Richo, or would he be too loose?
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Richmond will have to have improved a lot from their 2003 performances to beat us, even if we do miss a few good players. Heaven help us if we lose.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Joel

Post by Joel »

I really hope that play Davidson, and Richards, and if need be, perhaps the edition of Nixon. It throws a bit of uncertainty into the works. Also, I think I would prefer that Presti takes on Richo. Having said that, Presti was a CHF in his youth. :D
princem007

Post by princem007 »

We will win Friday. Why?

One word. Bitchmond. Or is that two.

Any how, my prediction is a 6 goal win over a hapless Tigers team, who will start fired up but by half time she'll be over.

The Pies in full flight by last quarter and we will romp away.

Richo will spit the dummy by the 2nd quarter. Brown will be looking the easy ball gets and Ottens will be cramping. Frawley will be hoping he really has all year to coach by the end of this one.
Go Pies...Premiers 2010