Pre-Match: Collingwood V Bitchmond - All comments here

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Joel

Post by Joel »

Two_Pies

Post by Two_Pies »

We would want to keep Morrison in check that ex Lie-ons player. Saw him in the Wizz Fizz and was a playing a style of footy that Bitchmond don't play up front - leading strong marking and a bit of urgency should there be someone free in goals. Hopefully that has been drilled out of him at Punt Road over the last few weeks. ;)
Let all your troubles be forgot for we are Collingwood. We'll fight it out until the end we're Collingwood. So help me Jock.
Two pies and two beers thanks!!
peter_pies4ever

Post by peter_pies4ever »

Surprising none of these players: Davo, C.Cloke, Richards, or Nixon weren't named. There possibly will be late changes if Woey or Clemo arent right
peter_pies4ever

Kinnear isnt playing well if he isn't named and it is interesting to see McKee in the forward pocket
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

That's an interesting point about Kinnear, Peter... maybe Malthouse has had enough after his GF performance.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Kinear doesn't deserve to play, has had enough chances,obviosly can't play Senior footy consistently (or at all as some would say) & should only be used as back-up for injured player's.If he is put ahead of a young player at the club, than that young player may as well pack his bags.We got rid of a player called Nick Stone without playing him in the senior's, he played 16 games (roughly) for the Hawks & is now on saints list. Why didnt we keep him & get rid of Kinear? I beleive Stone is younger & would therefore have a better chance of improving.
peter_pies4ever

If there is 1 late change hopefully it is only Clement and that Woey, Presti and Didak are all fit and can 100%
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

While I'm not a big fan of Kinnear, he showed a lot of improvement in the second half of last season and may come on this year. He also played well against Richmond the second game before rolling his ankle. Nick Stone - come on Scoobydoo, he was a dog and the saints can have him. I think you've been smoking a few too many scoobs lately!
Buon Giorno
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Hi Everyone

I'm up to my eyeballs in work (yes... still trying to meet that book deadline!) and have barely caught the pre-season from up here, but on season's eve, just wanted to say a big GO PIES for tomorrow night.

I've noticed we've already been written off in several quarters, but without making any grand predictions, seriously, we're a lot better than some are making us out.

I am just a couple of weeks away from finishing. I was hopeful of being done by the time the regular season came around - it's not quite to be, but looking forward to tomorrow night and will be back in full voice very soon! Look forward to talking to you all online again.

Cheers

Weed
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Todays News: 26/3/04

The pork Pie that paid off
26 March 2004 Herald Sun
Damian Barrett
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 22,00.html
WHEN the Collingwood and Richmond teams break from pre-match huddles tonight, Shane Wakelin will make eye contact with James Clement and then head towards one of the Tigers' tall forwards
Fitness coach says Pies are good for launch (Very good article)
26 March 2004 Herald Sun
Grantley Bernard
Here, with an insight from Collingwood conditioning coach David Buttifant, is how the Magpies worked in the pre-season and stand ready for the Tigers and the 2004 season.
Laugh a minute for Pies
26 March 2004 Herald Sun
Grant Payne
I BARRACK for Collingwood. Therefore, I hate Richmond.

Why? 1980 Grand Final, but let's move on to tonight's match.

The Tigers have made me laugh so hard in the pre-season with their board dramas, pre-season shellackings and finger-pointing at poor old "Dithering Danny" Frawley, that I've been able to overlook Collingwood's so far underwhelming 2004 campaign and instead focus on that enigmatic, hard-done-by bloke by the name of Matthew Richardson.
Pie depth off-key: Molloy
By Linda Pearce
March 26, 2004
http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/real ... click=true
AFL retiree Jarrod Molloy considers Collingwood's lack of key-position depth its greatest vulnerability, while cautioning against using the Magpies' underwhelming pre-season form as a reliable guide to their 2004 performance.
Tigers count on top quartet
By Michael Davis
March 26, 2004
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/co ... 22,00.html
The Magpies surprisingly named in the team James Clement, who only two weeks ago was expected to miss up to eight weeks because of an eye injury. Shane Woewodin also was named even though he is understood to have been battling a calf injury during the pre-season. Woewodin is expected to be used sparingly off the interchange bench.

Anthony Rocca is not playing for the Magpies tonight. He still has a week to serve of a two-week suspension incurred during last year's preliminary final against Port Adelaide.

Frawley believes Collingwood have one of the best midfields in the competition led by Scott Burns, Nathan Buckley and Paul Licuria.
Magpies name Clement for opener
8:12:47 PM Thu 25 March, 2004
Matt Burgan
Sportal
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&s ... eid=139619
Collingwood has named four of its 2003 grand final players Shane Woewodin, James Clement, Simon Prestigiacomo and Rhyce Shaw for its clash against Richmond on Friday night, despite the quartet all being under an injury cloud for the season’s opener.
Pies pick Woewodin and Clement
7:09:41 PM Thu 25 March, 2004
Ashley Browne
Sportal/exclusive to collingwoodfc.com.au
http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp ... eid=139578
Collingwood has gone for experience – and punted on the fitness of Shane Woewodin and James Clement – for the season opener against Richmond at the MCG on Friday night.

Woewodin has been named on the bench despite not having played a practice match because of hamstring complaints, while Clement has made a miraculous comeback from an eye injury that was originally supposed to have kept him sidelined for eight weeks.
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

Just beat this bunch of duds. Get 4 points and let's get it going again. See you guys in chat.
Joel

Post by Joel »

peter_pies4ever wrote:Surprising none of these players: Davo, C.Cloke, Richards, or Nixon weren't named. There possibly will be late changes if Woey or Clemo arent right
These are the only players that can come in: Nixon, Richards, Swan. They were named as emergencies. So, if you are expecting anyone to come in, it will be one of those guys.
peter_pies4ever

I reckon Clement could be used on the forward line tonight. With no Rocca and the defence looking okay i think it would be good to play him on the forward line. He was used at full-forward in his comeback match from a hamstring injury last year against Brisbane and he did start his career on the forward line for Freo.
CQ

Post by CQ »

yeh go pies! get those arses into gear and no excuses!!
Natalie

Post by Natalie »

I like it that people have written us off and all the attention is on Richmond. We can quiety go about our win. Confident we can and will win, I tipped 24 points our way.

Not sure about Macca in forward line, think he'll be used in the ruck with Josh taking duties up forward. Interesting to see Williams also named in the forward line, i'm hoping he starts on the bench. We need a good crumber down there and think OB fits that role better.

Hoping Richo is coming down with a shivering cold sweat at the thought of having Presti playing on him yet again. How I love to see Presti beating his sorry ass. Richo will certainly need his Kleenex if Presti maintains his consistency over him.

GO PIES