What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Cloke?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Hmm... (That wasn't what I was thinking of.)

Cloke's main thread:

https://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=67705

But I guess this should be added to at least one other thread:

https://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=68643

But this one's only 9 pages. Is there a third one, where he's re-signed? Ah... this one:

https://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=68955

But this is even shorter!

Those three do look like one topic...

Should others be added, though they're not from that time (but are about Cloke)?
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Up in Toc. Fvck it was cold this morning, I cant recall having frost and fog the same morning but there ya go. Had to wait til after 1pm to do the lawns, unique feeling when you work up a decent sweat working outside, but the airs so cold the dampness is fkn freezing.

Anyway, finished the gardening m had a long hot shower and went to the pub. Kelly's Pub has been tidied up inside and out and restored to its original name, The Farmers Arms Hotel. Very pleasant to go in the public bar for literally a couple of pots. Decent little crowd, all locals, none recognised me which is fine with me.
The Bistro is near fully booked for tonight with nearly all tables having a reserved sign.

The Palms had a crowd of mostly Mexican Terrorists in the front beer garden as I drove past, the other 2 pubs have stayed closed, bottom one is doing renos.

Just nice not being in Melbourne and being able to go to a pub for a beer.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Footy in 4 days! Yippee!
Last edited by think positive on Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I'm fractured but happy.

Had a day with the grandson today, got to experience all the personalities of a 4 year old from wanting to just hug him to wanting to snap his neck and everything in between.

Long day, left home at 8am in the fog to go get him, got home at 3:30 after taking him back. I'm dumb enough to do it again, probably soon, but by geebus . Took the old girl with me when I took him back so she could see the son's joint with his GF and her 2 rugrats. She'd only met her once and that was quick. General consensus, we'll keep this one. Can cook and a bit OCD on cleaning, very good with the kids and the son seemed more at peace just sitting there with kids climbing over him than I could have imagined.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

^ That is good news. Only heard about that case this morning, and things weren't sounding promising.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

^Yes fabulous news!
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

think positive wrote:Cloke?
Not even close. He means the greatest thread in the universe, ever: viewtopic.php?t=66021

:lol:

Unlike the present virus, we've been trying to find the cure for that one since 1892. I bet a coronavirus thread started 120 years after the first outbreak of the disease it causes would never get near the traction this 2012 thread has.

That's surprising in a way, because coronaviruses are transmissible between humans, whereas that other one would have to cross the species barrier to infect any of us.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Funny day, took a day off work as "planned maintenance" meant no electrickery for most of the day. Picked up some timber first thing so I could do a ramp out front, but lower back and shoulder had other ideas. So got the scooter out, into the ute and took the old girl to Greensie. It's like teaching a kid how to drive. Over the decades she's been driving she clearly hasn't done much in reverse, has absolutely NFI how to do a 3 point turn.

Did some cruising, took her to Groove Train for lunch, watching TV there saw the autistic kid had been found on Mt Disappointment, which was really good.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

This lawyer joke (don’t tell Pies4Shaw or Jezza)

An oldie but a goodie

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TA12vJNrFR0
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

^Love it!
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Actually haven't heard that one before. Very good. :lol:
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Brain went skew wiff yesterday, had some anxiety and hands shaking, just pushed on and got some stuff done and today no issues.

Built a decking ramp out the front for the old girl to get the mobility scooter in and out, then backed up today to fill in a gap after sleeping on the best way to do it.

Bought a new pair of shoes for walking. I've got really embedded in the morning walk, the Nikes were over 10 years old, i'd put the big toe through the lid, time for a new pair. Did some online work for best shock absorption, as I get sore knees and shins, got a pair of New Balance fresh foam 1080's. Trial run works well.

Cleaned out the vegetable crisper and made soup.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Anxiety is a bitch, well done you for standing up to her,.

bit of a bludge day, slept in, went in the gym, watched queer eye, man that show is amazing, so positive, so uplifting, and encouraging. I highly recommend it. Watched some footy, walked the dog, baked chicken and veg for dinner, last nights pumpkin soup for lunch, and practicing studio lighting. Early night I think! I haven’t felt this calm in a long long time. And someof itis due to 5 self confessed fairies!

One episode was about a white cop in Georgia, and on the way they were pulled over by a white cop, and the black guy was driving, it wasn’t set up. Considering what’s happening now, it was really dejavu.

Cheers