What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Yes, that's great news, Morrigu.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Morrigu wrote:Happy yep but relieved probably more so.

So for anyone with boobs we do the self examination thing (if not why not) and then one day you think you can feel something and then you poke and you prod at it until it hurts and your mind then tells you it is something. And so you book in for your mammogram and along comes COVID-19 and they stop screening and as the weeks and months go by you are still poking and prodding ( by this stage your are convinced it is there and getting bigger) and wondering who will look after your mum and lamentingy the fact that you won’t ever get to be with the eles or lions in Africa or the bears in Asia again - self indulgent yes but not helpful when trying to sleep that’s for sure!

They reopen and with much trepidation you go and get it done (not a pleasant experience but ah well) And then you get an email notifying you your results are ready - hmmm you spend some time just thinking about looking at them and then you realise you have forgotten your password :roll:

And finally you get there and they say no breast cancer detected and the relief washes over you - and you are happy!
Great news and great stuff. Going through that mental process would not be fun.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Had the grandson over this morning. His dad is struggling with a 4 year old who's ears are painted on , so his sister, my daughter, agreed to take him for the weekend to give them a break. I volunteered for the first shift.

Kid was actually good, had him from 9:30 til 1pm when the daughter arrived, but even when he's good he pushes boundaries and with my arm fkn hurting my patience wasn't at it's highest so I struggled a bit. I delayed starting the pain killers and re d medicine til late afternoon.

Still, he was good, I enjoyed it and the old girl loved it.

They seem to have higher standards these days for kids with what they should know. The kid's 4, he can speak, put shoes on, count to 10 and knows a fair chunk of the alphabet. He's already ahead of many Twitter users.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Hehe cute!

I’m sitting in a camp chair in my oodie and snow boots in front of a roaring campfire, with a glass of red! Hubby is burning through anything not tied down at my sisters farm! They won’t need a demo permit at this rate! Life is good! Cheers!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

stui magpie wrote: They seem to have higher standards these days for kids with what they should know. The kid's 4, he can speak, put shoes on, count to 10 and knows a fair chunk of the alphabet. He's already ahead of many Twitter users.
Lovely for the young un to have quality contact with the whole family - good on you!

That Twitter comment seriously made me :lol: :lol: :lol:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

The actions of Melbourne Storm post match

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 535762062a
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

That’s simply beautiful
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

2 things.

1. Daughter bought the grandson back here today about 3pm. They were buggered, hand him over, run screaming. He was actually really good for me despite being at that point where kids get ratty. big bowl of slow cooker casserole for dinner at 4:30 watching Blaze on pay TV, 2 bowls of ice cream with dried fruit for sprinkles, kid was in his happy place when Dad arrived to collect him. Loves it.

2. The council for some reason best known to them has dumped now 4 large piles of mulch in the park next door. I have NFI WTF they're doing but it generates some interesting behaviour.

I'd previously seen some sheets of marine ply being used as ramps, today took me back 20 years to my son and his mates. 2 kids, around 10-12 , 1 with what looked like a snow shovel :? were creating a jump. Bit of new concrete path about 35m long, sloping up hill. At the bottom of the incline, they used the snow shovel to create a mound of mulch and put the marine ply on it, so they could pedal down hill flat stick for 35m, hit the jump, get some air and land on softish ground. Seriously loved it, that's how kids have been having fun for decades, no PED's required.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

This could go in a few places, I could create a new thread titled "Awwwwwwwww", or "Good things done by Americans" or it could've become a Darwin award, but it's here

https://twitter.com/nbc15_madison/statu ... 5771083778

Fishermen manage to get a plastic bottle off the head of a swimming bear.
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:This could go in a few places, I could create a new thread titled "Awwwwwwwww", or "Good things done by Americans" or it could've become a Darwin award, but it's here

https://twitter.com/nbc15_madison/statu ... 5771083778

Fishermen manage to get a plastic bottle off the head of a swimming bear.
Brilliant. How awful for that Bear? Later ...... what a huge relief.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Watching Melbourne Storm play Sydney Roosters in a see sawing tight encounter won in extra-time by a Rooster player doing a Heath Shaw (more or less). Great stuff
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Great battle, worthy of a draw.
Glad Storm won though.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I expect better of you people, someone needs to let me know when Storm is playing.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-03/ ... e/12419702

Was an absolutely brilliant game, spoilt slightly by wpt announcing the result here (I was watching on delay because it was important to me to see Carlton lose, first).