What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Drove up to Toc this morning, called in at the PALS Op shop in Cobram on the way through. They sometimes have good stuff but aren't open Saturday at the moment.

Score :D

Got a DVD rack for $4 (no internet in the house) and a Russell Hobbs drip coffee maker. 8 cup model, freshly electricaly tested and tagged, stainless steel glass and timber look, at least $150 new for $10.

Slipped into the Cobram Woolies and grabed some ground coffee. Got to the house, unpacked, tried the machine out with just water to see if it worked, leaked etc, all good, works perfect :D

Next trip up I'll bring a 3lb tin of Costco ground beans.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

The eldest turned 23 today.
Apparently he is now older and wiser :lol:

Birthday burgers for lunch from one of the local cafes. Birthday cake (chocolate mud cake) from local cake shop tonight.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

stui magpie wrote:Got a DVD rack for $4 (no internet in the house)
Well, that's one way to spend your Saturday night, sitting down with a coffee watching the DVD rack. Nice. :)
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Cleaning out Mum’s place bringing a range of emotions. Mrs WPT has been grand. Got a rubbish truck coming on Tuesday, then hope to get a small furniture truck to come on Tuesday pm to take things for storage for two months by which time I hope to go through paintings etc, books and do a second cull.

Going through dairies, journals, photos, all manner of things. Took me two weeks to go through all her paperwork as like a lot of older people she kept stuff, receipts, documents, friggin hell she had a lot of stuff ( sad and a relief too)

Weird doing this when she’s still alive

We’ll pay for cleaning ready for the agent to sell; need the $ to pay for the bond for Mum’s Aged Care Facility and their ongoing fees. Otherwise it becomes an expensive daily fee.

I’ve been spending a lot of time doing this so it’ll be a relief when it’s all finished.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Dark Beanie wrote:The eldest turned 23 today.
Apparently he is now older and wiser :lol:

Birthday burgers for lunch from one of the local cafes. Birthday cake (chocolate mud cake) from local cake shop tonight.
Happy Birthday, seems like yesterday we were talking about the red haired chicks first netball team!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

watt price tully wrote:Cleaning out Mum’s place bringing a range of emotions. Mrs WPT has been grand. Got a rubbish truck coming on Tuesday, then hope to get a small furniture truck to come on Tuesday pm to take things for storage for two months by which time I hope to go through paintings etc, books and do a second cull.

Going through dairies, journals, photos, all manner of things. Took me two weeks to go through all her paperwork as like a lot of older people she kept stuff, receipts, documents, friggin hell she had a lot of stuff ( sad and a relief too)

Weird doing this when she’s still alive

We’ll pay for cleaning ready for the agent to sell; need the $ to pay for the bond for Mum’s Aged Care Facility and their ongoing fees. Otherwise it becomes an expensive daily fee.

I’ve been spending a lot of time doing this so it’ll be a relief when it’s all finished.
hugs mate, its a horrible job that also takes you on a journey through their lives. . we sold my inlaws place in the nick of time- its now surrounded by slow moving construction for the new tunnel. ironically, while the inlaws estate is largely wrapped up in my FIL nursing home fees, my dad had nothing, im doing his finances and he now has savings. its a weird system. meanwhile i think my nickname at the home is 2dads!!

all the best with it, hope the market treats you well.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Not last weekend, the one before we helped my sister with their farm, stayed overnight, got up early and chased the sunrise around their property,
this one is apparently going to be on the channel 10 news weather report tonight!
i also sent this, but i think its the top one.
the night before: i was putting a log on this fire, and jim kinda gave me too much momentum, so i took the sunrise pics with 3 sore bent back fingers, the index one is still so swollen on both joints it wont bend! my dominant hand naturally! but it was such a fun night! im wearing my oh so flattering oodie!! taken with tripod and timer

3 min exposure
Last edited by think positive on Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Awesome work Jo!
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
think positive

Post by think positive »

thanks Tannin, some birds for ya!!
some kind of honeyeater?
bathtime!Image
blue wren maybe?
and a couple of puddycats!
i can relate to this!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Agree with Tannin, very noice.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Agree with Tannin, very noice.
Finn likes this!

cheers thankyou guys xx

a bit of lightness for the day!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Great photos as always, Jo!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

Thanks David, cheers
KenH

Post by KenH »

Awesome photos Jo, nice work!
Cheers big ears
think positive

Post by think positive »

thanks Ken -

i think i might get up tomorrow for sunrise either down the beach or off willi somewhere - 6 weeks of no long exposures, ugh!! i need my therapy sessions!