#7 Josh Daicos

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

TaylorMade

Post by TaylorMade »

E wrote:
Jezza wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:I understand that Daicos was very close to being delisted at the end of last season.
This surprises me. I always thought he was safe and showed enough last year that he was worth persisting with for another season.

For what it's worth, I think he has all the hallmarks of being a very good player.
It is true that he is coming along nicely (and i dont think he would look out of place in the best 22), BUT it is without question that there are at least 30 players on the list that are currently ahead of him and most of the guys behind him have even more chance of improving than him.

He is going to need to really continue to make improvements if he hopes to have a career at Collingwood.
How many beers have you had tonight?
On the eve of a Dynasty
TaylorMade

Post by TaylorMade »

E wrote:
Jezza wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:I understand that Daicos was very close to being delisted at the end of last season.
This surprises me. I always thought he was safe and showed enough last year that he was worth persisting with for another season.

For what it's worth, I think he has all the hallmarks of being a very good player.
It is true that he is coming along nicely (and i dont think he would look out of place in the best 22), BUT it is without question that there are at least 30 players on the list that are currently ahead of him and most of the guys behind him have even more chance of improving than him.

He is going to need to really continue to make improvements if he hopes to have a career at Collingwood.
On the eve of a Dynasty
TaylorMade

Post by TaylorMade »

E wrote:
Jezza wrote:

On the eve of a Dynasty
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Four? (Or does it not work like that?)
E

Post by E »

K wrote:Four? (Or does it not work like that?)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

I'd say he would be ahead of Crocker on the potential cut list surely (or behind....less likely to be cut is what I'm saying)
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

I'd say you're saying "behind". :wink:
Kosh

Agree with Dermie

Post by Kosh »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Podpicken wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote: Brereton is right. He usually is. It's always a surprise to me when people dismiss his comments.
Couldn't agree more. He is one of the best re special comments.
I just watched the replay of the 1st JLT game. Daicos was splendid in the last quarter when other folks were running out of puff. I suspect, that he has pretty good endurance, or at least the potential for great endurance. It's not easy to keep running in 30+ degree heat. Lets see if he can learn from how Sidey always runs to put himself in dangerous positions or release positions in the backline.

Daic's disposal and ability to think through traffic is outstanding. It remains to be seen if he can stand up to the constant physical pressure of league football, but he certainly has the talent.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Podpicken wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote: Brereton is right. He usually is. It's always a surprise to me when people dismiss his comments.
Couldn't agree more. He is one of the best re special comments.
That's right. He sees the things that the other commentators don't see.

His detailed analysis of why the Freo game crowd were standing in front of the portable toilets on a hot day was just one example.
What he failed to notice was that the toilets were downwind of the supporters (a fairly strong wind, mind you), therefore rendering his observation, much like most of his commentary, rather meaningless.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
E

Post by E »

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:I'd say he would be ahead of Crocker on the potential cut list surely (or behind....less likely to be cut is what I'm saying)
Crocker, Wells, Reid and Wills are certain cuts this year.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

E wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:I'd say he would be ahead of Crocker on the potential cut list surely (or behind....less likely to be cut is what I'm saying)
Crocker, Wells, Reid and Wills are certain cuts this year.
You can probably add Goldsack and Greenwood to that list, though they are both warriors, so they could surprise.
Sicks Bux

Josh Daicos

Post by Sicks Bux »

How good is Josh Daicos?

I've been pleased with his progress this year but when he kicked THAT goal last night I felt like it was turning point not only for the game but for his career. I look forward to seeing what he does from here on and will be expecting a lot more from him than I had prior to yesterday's game.

https://youtu.be/bhvPNtbvD7A
Last edited by Sicks Bux on Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I think he has been playing too much in the mid/wing. If he goes forward he makes something out of nothing and could do better than what Stevo/JT/WHE are doing rn with their bad form. A steal for a Pick 57.
"That was out-of-bounds"
glasseyevfx

Post by glasseyevfx »

That was a special goal - made be jump out of the couch.

After Howe got ripped off I've given up on AFL MOTY GOTY
We shall set our course by the stars and not ships that pass in the night
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

It was an incredible moment. And one of the best things was that he actually had the confidence to do it, at that stage of the game and after we'd been so inaccurate in front of goal. That's a hugely positive sign of his development as a player.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange