Player Tributes & Milestones

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

David wrote:Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but how fitting is it that he'll break the games record as a "Pie" with the number 314? :mrgreen:
The "Pi" Pie in fact...
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

David wrote:Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but how fitting is it that he'll break the games record as a "Pie" with the number 314? :mrgreen:
Wonderful comment!! But knowing Pendles, he would not be happy, an approximation to two decimal places would not be good enough for the standards that he has maintained over his career.
What a champion, and what a legend. I never tire watching him as he so often transitions into alter universes and makes time stand still. The fact that he is simultaneously smashing two records as a Pie in game 314 is, as someone else pointed out, an alignment of the stars.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Magpietothemax wrote: What a champion, and what a legend. I never tire watching him as he so often transitions into alter universes and makes time stand still. The fact that he is simultaneously smashing two records as a Pie in game 314 is, as someone else pointed out, an alignment of the stars.
Beautifully said MTTM.

Huge congratulations to Pendles. We were so blessed when we managed to snag him in the draft. There's a great interview on the club website with some incredible photos. Looking at the baby faced boy from Gippsland, who'd thought he would go on to become one of our greatest players ever.
He's an absolute ornament to the game - a great champion who fully deserves all the plaudits coming his way.
Have a blinder of a 314th Pie man.
Spazza

400???

Post by Spazza »

Just a quick question, not sure if it has been asked.....Is 400 games out of reach for Pendles????
SteveH67

Re: 400???

Post by SteveH67 »

Spazza wrote:Just a quick question, not sure if it has been asked.....Is 400 games out of reach for Pendles????
Yeah, thats another 86 games away. 4-5 season at least.

Many of us thought Buckley would reach Shaw's record, until his hamstrings started to break down with age.
Social club member 7342 since 2000.
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

400 would be something. You never know I suppose, but history says no.

350 could be within reach, but lets enjoy tomorrows record first.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 153 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Looking forward to this milestone. Although I'm considering staying home...
I saw Shawry's 250th & 300th at the G, unfortunately we didn't embrace the sense of occasion and lost both matches.
The 250th against the Tigers, Jeff Hogg kicked 10! I remember that as the Tigers supporters gave it to us.
I don't recall much of the 300th apart from Horse Longmire kicking 6 and my North mate pretty happy with himself.
Then Daic's 250th, while we smashed the Swans at Vic Park, sadly it was his last game...like someone had been shot.

Anyway, tickets secured for tonight, can't see us letting Pendles down on this one nor the opportunity to avoid travelling to Perth.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
alexjvillani

Post by alexjvillani »

The way Pendles plays suggest a good run to 400. Doesn't run himself silly every game, runs and attacks at the right time and has composure players 10 years younger will never have.
Smoking shadows behind the mirrors - Travis Cloke
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

LaurieHolden wrote:Looking forward to this milestone. Although I'm considering staying home...
I saw Shawry's 250th & 300th at the G, unfortunately we didn't embrace the sense of occasion and lost both matches.
The 250th against the Tigers, Jeff Hogg kicked 10! I remember that as the Tigers supporters gave it to us.
I don't recall much of the 300th apart from Horse Longmire kicking 6 and my North mate pretty happy with himself.
Then Daic's 250th, while we smashed the Swans at Vic Park, sadly it was his last game...like someone had been shot.

Anyway, tickets secured for tonight, can't see us letting Pendles down on this one nor the opportunity to avoid travelling to Perth.
im sorry Laurie but this is the most selfish damn post i have ever seen!!!!!!

bugger the children think of us!! stuck in fuxking melbourne prison, the inmates are restless, and i dont care if a hurricane, tornado, tsunami, and a blizzard all descend on the place, you get your arse in that seat and suffer, for us, we need you to do this. WE NEED YOU TO DO THIS!!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Re: 400???

Post by think positive »

Spazza wrote:Just a quick question, not sure if it has been asked.....Is 400 games out of reach for Pendles????
IM Just expecting it, isnt everyone
Alex

Post by Alex »

A second premiership would be nice
"That was out-of-bounds"
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 153 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

think positive wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:Looking forward to this milestone. Although I'm considering staying home...

im sorry Laurie but this is the most selfish $$%^%%$ post i have ever seen!!!!!!

bugger the children think of us!! stuck in fuxking melbourne prison, the inmates are restless, and i dont care if a hurricane, tornado, tsunami, and a blizzard all descend on the place, you get your arse in that seat and suffer, for us, we need you to do this. WE NEED YOU TO DO THIS!!!
^I was thinking I was a bit of a jinx on milestone games...if we start losing I'll get set to leave early in an attempt to swing the karma back in our favour.

NB get ready for another night of slippery conditions. It's 29 here today and the humidity is creeping up above 50% so the dew is going to be pretty heavy.
Lucky they had the KY out during training so they should be well prepared.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
think positive

Post by think positive »

LaurieHolden wrote:
think positive wrote:

im sorry Laurie but this is the most selfish $$%^%%$ post i have ever seen!!!!!!

^I was thinking I was a bit of a jinx on milestone games...if we start losing I'll get set to leave early in an attempt to swing the karma back in our favour.

NB get ready for another night of slippery conditions. It's 29 here today and the humidity is creeping up above 50% so the dew is going to be pretty heavy.
Lucky they had the KY out during training so they should be well prepared.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

well if Howe is involved, im there!
Woods

Post by Woods »

Great Scott!

The Pig defends ferociously instilling the cold dead hand of fear,
While midget Brown is standing tall at the start of a breakout year,
The on-ball squad have a red hot go, while Crispy’s thumping torps,
Until time and motion are suspended by the magical Pendlebury warp.

Go Pies!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I’m still seething this isn’t at the MCG in front of 80,000 Pies fans