Coach poach - Matthew Boyd (returns in 2024)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

^yep - and if sanderson is our forward coach he should be sacked. yesterday.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Mr Miyagi wrote:... Even at Richmond, poor old Balmy wasn’t allowed to go to games.
Balme's not in the hub cos he's not coaching staff. They wanted all their coaches there.

It arguably cost them with hub breaches, but helped them with playing.
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

A very glib and not serious chat with fellow pie supporter

“Silvagni is free “

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Sanderson and Harvey weren’t sitting on their hands in 2018/19, so they must have been doing something right.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Harvey had been there thru bleak yrs (not sure on Sando) but the kick along in 2018 especially was I believe Hocking & Longmure
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Always much easier and convenient to blame the coaches than the players. I have never got the gist of blaming the strategist for players not following the strategies on the field
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Dave The Man wrote:We won't have any good coaches left
What do you mean "won't"?! :lol:
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

[quote="Lazza"]Always much easier and convenient to blame the coaches than the players. I have never got the gist of blaming the strategist for players not following the strategies on the field
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ To which one might add the question, "Have the coaches over the last 9 off-seasons targeted the correct types of players and players?" It isn't like the players were foisted on the post-Malthouse coaching team (Pendlebury and Sidebottom apart, of course). The coaching staff do very much more than plan on-field strategies.
5 from the wing on debut

^Yes, fair enough.
In the Malthouse days the players were good enough to take the ball along the boundary from one end to another with great skill and without turning it over. I appreciate that the game has changed since then, but the current squad don't have that high skill level.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ To which one might add the question, "Have the coaches over the last 9 off-seasons targeted the correct types of players and players?" It isn't like the players were foisted on the post-Malthouse coaching team (Pendlebury and Sidebottom apart, of course). The coaching staff do very much more than plan on-field strategies.
This this this, for example who said let’s get Dane Beams back and not put him on performance based? And who who who is responsible for not making a KPF an absolute priority up forward? What ever it damn takes, it goes bound kick hand pass hand pass hand pass, lose it save it hand pass hand pass hand pass, thump it, no one home, and back down for the defenders to save it again.

As for Blame, I blame everybody even god. Surely he’s not on my side when it comes to footy, how much can a girl bare!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
5 from the wing on debut

^A girl can bare everything but I don't see how streaking will help. I suppose it won't hurt either, so go ahead.
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Bucks5 »

I just heard that Hayden Skipworth has been promoted into our senior coaching panel. Not sure in what role though.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Here Puss, Puss, Puss. Here Puss, Puss.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

“Skip” had midfield duties at Essendon.

Will Harvey pass that to him or will he take over Boyd,s role