North Melbourne are our main AFLW rival

The home for conversation about our AFLW team - the best women's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

North Melbourne are our main AFLW rival

Post by Presti35 »

Based on the history between Carlton and Collingwood in the mens, that will of course be considered a rivalry in the AFLW, just because it's Carlton.

But North came into this competition, taking a few of our players with them. Namely Emma King and Jasmine Garner, two players that have become All-Australian and other major award winners.

After they entered the comp, we dipped. We finished last on the ladder, while they improved and have played finals in 2020 and 2021. (They would have in 2019, except the stupid conference ladder and top 2 finish).

In 2020 they knocked us out in our first ever finals appearance, by 2 points at Ikon Park. And we have now made up for that with a 6 point win today!!

We've now beaten them twice. Earlier this season for the first time and now again today. The head-to-head ledger is now 2-2.

It feels good to knock them out. As you can see, I believe them to be our main rival in the early years of this comp.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Presumably, my rates are spent propping them up, just like they are spent propping up the AFL rabble. I want this rivalry to be 22 to 2 our way next time I notice.
2010 again please

Post by 2010 again please »

Agree with north melbourne but the crows are the ones i feel the crows are the only team we have not beaten as yet since the begining of the aflw comp. Crows seam to make all our hard work unravel when we play the crows nothing seams to work well for us. Great to get one back on north. Also as always carlton too was great to finally beat them in the season opener for the first time ever.