#4 Alan Didak

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

CQ

Post by CQ »

magpie JOE wrote:Thats ok mate but it has 2b quick as we have flags,floggers and paddies to wave in the cs.
yeh well in case you forgot, there actually is a crowd outside the one bay of the cheersquad. :roll:

THE REST OF US CAN DO IT, i think its a good idea! ;)
Pied Piper

Re: Didak - a goal, the finger

Post by Pied Piper »

Dgen wrote:So when Daks kicks one of his many this Saturday night and gives it a bit of finger shaking, let's all hold our arms high, put our fingers out and give it a bit of finger shaking as well. I reckon it will look great.
Cool idea - but I reckon Leon Davis was the one who started the finger-wagging trend! Unfortunately he hasn't been kicking too many of them of late hence his demotion. Happily he played very well at Willi on the weekend in a midfield role and I'm confident we'll see a revitalised Leon in the seniors soon.

Like Leon, I think Didak will need to be moved upfield to round out his game (and may need a spell at Willi to do it). This is not a criticism - it's worked a treat for Brodie Holland and it's hard to gain confidence when you're struggling to find the ball in the forward pocket. Leon and Alan both have the skills to do it but they need to build on their fitness and the defensive sides of their game.

The Weed
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
MAGPIRA

Post by MAGPIRA »

Yep..you took the post out of my fingers Weed!

I believe the finger shake is a Neon Leon trait. Leon has always done that from my memory. I did notice Did's do it on Sunday and had a quiet chuckle to myself :lol:
DaicosMagic

Post by DaicosMagic »

Sorry, but it was Scotty Russell who started the finger wiggle.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

a heap of those blow-up Collingwood hand thingy's would look good
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

You forgot cheeky Leon. :P
swooper
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

Daicos Magic - you stole my thunder! Except from memory, Scotty Russell didnt wiggle his finger so much, he just raised it in the air - we used to always imitate that in the crowd whenever Scotty kicked a goal :wink:
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

An example of His Fingerness, Alan Didak -

HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

Doesn't Leon do the 'two index finger shuffle' after a goal - whereas Dids does the 'one index finger wiggle'? Subtle but pointed differences!!! And I'm happy for both of them to do their respective pointing as often as possible - the more goals the merrier! LOL!

GO PIES!
Marg
Blanch

Post by Blanch »

I believe Leon points out more while Daks points up more but I think both use one finger.

The more pointing the better.
My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
fan4collingwood

Post by fan4collingwood »

I loved the picture a few weeks back[ or months] of Didak doing the staying alive pose.
Leonin5=star

Post by Leonin5=star »

hey i think thats a great idea..it'd be a great site to see every1 standing up and doing the old finger waggle after a didak goal!! :D :D :D
JLC

Post by JLC »

I reckon Dids should do a pistol style celebration similar to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

The other celebration i like but it wouldnt work for a Collingwood player as we have too many supporters is the "Shhhhh" when the player puts his fingers up to his lips. Brent Harvey has done that at Footy Park i think it was, and its a classic........lol

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Magpie_Dan

DIDAiKos....

Post by Magpie_Dan »

What a goal and what a mark! The goal and mark would have be to be strong contsters for mark of the year for sure!

But man didnt that goal bring us back some Daicos memories?

Another question to you all! What does everyone think our chances are of making the top 8?

I hope we get there! We have been so good in the last 2 years and its been so good to finally see the Pies play in the finals and grand finals! I cant really remember anything from the 1990 Grand Final and I do recall us playing in the 1994 final against the Eagles! So I hope we can get there this year and in years to come and HOPE WE CAN JUST WIN 1 FLAG!!! Thanx guys and gals get back to me!
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Killbot

Post by Killbot »

Dew's goal in Round 1 was 100 times better than Dids