Welcome to Collingwood, Coach Craig McRae

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:I'm happier with McRae than I would have been with Clarkson.
+ 1

We have hit the jackpot with this guy. Happily optimistic. Prepared to be patient with the due process to bring us ultimate success. Content to wait.
Thats right Lazza.
You have hope.
It is why Bux needed to go.
We needed hope.
Might get nowhere with this guy but at least we can look forward
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Lazza wrote:
+ 1

We have hit the jackpot with this guy. Happily optimistic. Prepared to be patient with the due process to bring us ultimate success. Content to wait.

Yes, patience is a virtue, unfortunately, some Magpies fans are not all that patient, but i hope they give this guy a good go, before anyone judges him. He sounds a fantastic appointment, brilliant move, im damn well excited. :D :!:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Heard somewhere that Luke Hodge hawthorn premiership player is set to join Collingwood as assistant coach too. I know Leppa is now confirmed to join Collingwood. Must say graham Wright is making the right decisions and to me is pulling the club together. Now to get the right board.
I feel we need to do very well in the draft and trade week too.
We need smart players.
Who’s our player recruiting manager.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

90 nice wrote:Heard somewhere that Luke Hodge hawthorn premiership player is set to join Collingwood as assistant coach too. I know Leppa is now confirmed to join Collingwood. Must say graham Wright is making the right decisions and to me is pulling the club together. Now to get the right board.
I feel we need to do very well in the draft and trade week too.
We need smart players.
Who’s our player recruiting manager.
I’ve got a Hawthorn mate who values Luke Hodge as a potential coach over Sam Mitchell.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Getting Hodge would be a huge win.

Can't believe how easy the scum are making this for McRae, he is going to fly right under the media radar while this clusterf&ck at Carlton gets resolved, perfect result....trust the process and good things happen
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
+ 1

Yes, patience is a virtue, unfortunately, some Magpies fans are not all that patient, but i hope they give this guy a good go, before anyone judges him. He sounds a fantastic appointment, brilliant move, im damn well excited. :D :!:
Of course people will be patient. For the most part, Collingwood supporters were beyond patient with the previous coach.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote: + 1

Of course people will be patient. For the most part, Collingwood supporters were beyond patient with the previous coach.

Lmao :wink:
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Born to Pie
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Born to Pie »

Piesnchess wrote: Yes, patience is a virtue, unfortunately, some Magpies fans are not all that patient, but i hope they give this guy a good go, before anyone judges him. He sounds a fantastic appointment, brilliant move, im damn well excited. :D :!:
Couldn't agree more, and with the a three year contract you would expect to clearly see what McRae and his team (both players and assistants) have got by the third year.

So for me by 2024 I'm not expecting a flag but clear improvement and a team that will be a serious contender in 2025. Anything better is a bonus.
Last edited by Born to Pie on Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Welcome to the Human Pie.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
maurs64

Post by maurs64 »

McRae being interviewed on ABC grandstand today.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

maurs64 wrote:McRae being interviewed on ABC grandstand today.
If a Nickster could post a summary, that would be awesome
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

^ would Love Hodge. Said earlier in this thread Id have him as a preferred assistant. Him or Astbury.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Great article - Fly already on the job! Paywall unfortunately for some .... https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... c9003e7bcc
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Thanks. Excellent read.
The highlight would have to be the beefed up football department that he will surround himself with.
Really enjoyed his comments on Nick Daicos. “ we need to set him up to succeed and surround him with the best from day one “ ( paraphrasing )