Adam Treloar

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Just noticed the "cost us premierships" bit. :shock: :?: :shock:

Which premierships did he supposedly cost us? The attacks are becoming unhinged...
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

K wrote:Just noticed the "cost us premierships" bit. :shock: :?: :shock:

Which premierships did he supposedly cost us? The attacks are becoming unhinged...
Did you have your hands covering your eyes for the last five minutes of the 2018GF?

It's okay if you did; no judgement lol! :o
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

think positive wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
think positive wrote:
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

nailed it!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

doriswilgus wrote:Despite the constant attacks on him here,Adam’s actually played well in two of the three finals for the Bulldogs..I wish him well,and hope he achieves the ultimate in football,winning a grand final.It might shut up his critics once and for all,but I highly doubt that it will.
He could win the Norm Smith and the usual suspects would still say he was worst on ground...
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

think positive wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
think positive
Has liked: 216 times

Post by think positive »

cheers mate, thanks xx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Funny. For me, it's about who my money is on 8).

I've got a token $20 @ $23 on Treloar for the NS. He's shortened into $20.
$5 on Pickett @ $26

Dogs 1-39 - $50 @ $2.75.
Game total - over 175.5 - $25 @ $3.70.

Thrown in a mad double Gawn 30+ possessions/ Treloar 3 goals - $10 @ $201.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
piedys

Post by piedys »

Skids wrote:Funny. For me, it's about who my money is on 8).
Will be hoping one or more of those scenarios pan out for you mate!
K

Post by K »

piedys wrote:

Did you have your hands covering your eyes for the last five minutes of the 2018GF?

You reckon his kick to Googs and McGovern cost the premiership? :shock: :?:

There were a dozen or more Collingwood mistakes that helped cost the GF... Including Googs not spoiling that kick from McGovern, the runner getting in the way earlier, Tay's dodgy kick to Stephenson with or without the runner, Grundy giving away yet another centre-square free kick to Lycett after an inspiring Googs goal in Q4 (which stopped our momentum), Langers not rushing the ball through for a behind in Q1, no one bothering to run past Cox in Q4 to get the handball receive and take a running shot at goal (when it was obvious he wouldn't make the distance), etc.

Even if you do blame him, that would still be only one premiership, not "premierships".
piedys

Post by piedys »

K wrote:
piedys wrote:

You reckon his kick to Googs and McGovern cost the premiership? :shock: :?:

There were a dozen or more Collingwood mistakes that helped cost the GF... Including Googs not spoiling that kick from McGovern, the runner getting in the way earlier, Tay's dodgy kick to Stephenson with or without the runner, Grundy giving away yet another centre-square free kick to Lycett after an inspiring Googs goal in Q4 (which stopped our momentum), Langers not rushing the ball through for a behind in Q1, no one bothering to run past Cox in Q4 to get the handball receive and take a running shot at goal (when it was obvious he wouldn't make the distance), etc.

Even if you do blame him, that would still be only one premiership, not "premierships".
All those things are correct, and there were indeed many, many culprits in that Q4 series of **** which pissed that flag away, not only Treloar.
Didn't mean to imply that I blame him solely for that loss, which would be totally unfair. Fumblebottom's no-show didn't help either.
I blame the putrid cheating maggots the most though.

And was that not kicking-in-danger to Langdon in Q1, when he failed to get ball over the line prior to their first goal, which salvaged their belief?
E

Post by E »

Adam Treloar, with more competition for votes in his team than anyone at Collingwood, polled more votes than all but three of our players....... That5 is about right in terms of where he would be if he was at our club.
K

Post by K »

And Treloar got his votes in only 13 H&A games.

The Pies' top 3 vote-getters played 22, 20 & 20.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 57 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Treloar got votes in 4 games, all by round 6. Three of them were floggings. In one of the floggings (against GSW), the umpires - who have obviously never watched a game of AFL, gave him Macrae's three votes by mistake. It won't be the last time a player has a best on ground, 40 disposal, 25 kick, 8 mark, 6 tackle game and doesn't get a vote in a winning team - but it probably says more about the need for Macrae to change his hair colour than it does about the standard of Treloar's football.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Interesting, the game you highlighted, you didn't notice Treloar; Had 12 contested possessions (3rd most), 10 score involvements (3rd most), 11 effective kicks (3rd most), 8 inside 50's (most) & 6 clearances (3rd most).

McRae, whilst he did have 5 more disposals, was the leading bulldog for ineffective disposals (6).

Maybe those umps may have seen a game or 2 ;)
Don't count the days, make the days count.