Welcome to Collingwood, Coach Craig McRae

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

Mc Rae on 360 was a good look (You Tube) and he said he has already had talks with 30 players and several staff
Pendles was first and when pressed he said what he and Pendles talked about he would keep between the two of them

Said he even had a good talk to Nick Daicos as well

Also said when interviewed on what he had said he had the first months already planned as to what his intentions with the team were

Interesting and more the point. Exciting
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Jezza
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Thanks for the link Jezza. Loved the interview. Loved what he said about Pendles. Loved what he said about developing "winning behaviours", which I think our team has lacked for quite some time. Loved what he said about going back to the very fundamentals of football skills, and the fact that Pendles was really excited about doing this with our young players (and not so young ones as well!)
I am just really looking forward not just to next year, but to watching how our preseason unfolds. It is going to be a very exciting time over the next few months. Go pies!!
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

A Tweet from Jordan Roughead

“ I met Craig last week.
Seems like a ripper
It’s been said in the media not the most normal Collingwood appointment of all time
It’s great to have some really strong support around him like Justin Leppitsch and Brendan Bolton as well”
Macattacks

Post by Macattacks »

Some great stuff here from Crispy after Mitchell

https://twitter.com/i/status/1438789021807775744
Moore De Goey
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

BazBoy wrote:A Tweet from Jordan Roughead

“ I met Craig last week.
Seems like a ripper
It’s been said in the media not the most normal Collingwood appointment of all time
It’s great to have some really strong support around him like Justin Leppitsch and Brendan Bolton as well”
The new appointments are fantastic and the young team is full of potential.
However, I feel we are now seeing too much hype and sensationalism, which the public and other clubs can see.
Have we unveiled rock stars?

Collingwood football club and supporters should now tone down and save the energy for next year
when we have done some hard work and show results on the football field, IMHO.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

A very good point and we all agree that the club has been thorough in setting up a new coaching and fitness group intended to years of success

I am very positive that we have the right people

But yes let’s now put the hype aside and get to work
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

You are right but on the other hand it is very hard to suppress excitement from desperate fans happy to see some very good signs pertaining to our future success. It’s a tough ask and a real balancing act.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

And on that interview he left the door open for more coaching appointments at the club when he said Bolton would compliment Leppa & myself and other coaches to come
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

And on that interview he left the door open for more coaching appointments at the club
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

K wrote:
piedys wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote: Think I'll just call him Fly.
errrr... perhaps... McFly? Hello...? :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95_DB6GgLQs

"Hello, hello, anybody home?"
Dyso, it is McFly :wink: :

'He gave himself a bad under-cut haircut and turned up to the Glenelg footy club where he was being coached by Mark Williams.

“I walked into the club and the Back to the Future movie had just come out and Marty McFly was in it so I got ‘McFly’ for about two years and then I got to Brisbane and they just dropped the Mac. It’s funny listening to people say my name in the news, I thought ‘who’s that?’ I just haven’t been called Craig for so many years.”'
BenBronx
Been liked: 1 time

Post by BenBronx »

I have just caught up on the AFL 360 interview and have to say I am extremely impressed listening to Craig McRae. I made no secret of the fact I didn't think Bucks was cut out to be our coach and my heart was set on Clarko to replace him when we decided to make a change. However, that wasn't to be and truth be told, I think we have made the best possible appointment. He seems like a really nice guy, who appreciates the opportunity and has a vision and a project. He also will have the hunger to prove himself at this level and from what I've heard the players seem rejuvenated and relishing the chance to play for him. I just hope he is given time to turn things around for the club. I have a lot more hope for our future than I did at this stage last year and his appointment is certainly a big reason for that.

Floreat Pica!
David
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

K wrote:'He gave himself a bad under-cut haircut and turned up to the Glenelg footy club where he was being coached by Mark Williams.

“I walked into the club and the Back to the Future movie had just come out and Marty McFly was in it so I got ‘McFly’ for about two years and then I got to Brisbane and they just dropped the Mac. It’s funny listening to people say my name in the news, I thought ‘who’s that?’ I just haven’t been called Craig for so many years.”'
Fact check: McRae started playing for Glenelg in 1993, and the last movie in the Back to the Future series came out in 1990, three whole years earlier. The Washington Post gives this claim three pinocchios. ;)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

David wrote:
K wrote:'He gave himself a bad under-cut haircut and turned up to the Glenelg footy club where he was being coached by Mark Williams.

Fact check: McRae started playing for Glenelg in 1993, and the last movie in the Back to the Future series came out in 1990, three whole years earlier. The Washington Post gives this claim three pinocchios. ;)
SA has always been a bit behind everywhere else.
David
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

In that respect, Back to the Future is perhaps an apt film choice. :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange