#43 Charlie Dean

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

[quote="Mr Miyagi"]Just watched his short welcome to Collingwood intro video and his very weak “go pies” at the end… I don’t think he was a pies supporter growing up.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

He’ll learn. Tiges didn’t want ya’ son!
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Seriously, My first video of him was the second entry of my google search :

' nahh can't be' , but was a hoot for a few seconds

Interview with Charlie Dean (SHARESOME TV)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_-S1iRHh8I&t=120s
Jezza
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 192 times

Post by Jezza »

Good pick up.

Sounds like the type of player that could play in round 1 next year if he's elevated to the senior list.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Jezza wrote:Good pick up.

Sounds like the type of player that could play in round 1 next year if he's elevated to the senior list.
Pretty sure under the “ newer “ rules, rookies can play from round one as rookies, without any need to be elevated onto primary list.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

perthmagpie wrote:Looks like a solid negating defender who will stay back deep and defend the goal. Good closing speed, doesn't give up if out of position and neat kick. Didn't see any really prolific intercept marking in the highlights video. Think of a more agile, fluent mover Presti type. Is going to have put on some extra size to play on gorillas. The video shows him most often going pretty short by foot after a turnover was forced. When did go long he seems to have decent length to his kicks. Probably not going to get a ton of rebounding disposals. Sticks diligently to his opponent. May be a good balance in defence allowing Moore to rebound and not be dragged back to the oppo goals.
One thing he’s not is a Lever type interceptor. Lever is an accumulator who picks up possessions at will. This guy is more a stopper. I wouldn’t give up on Dean making it as a forward though. For the moment defending is his position and at age 20 there’s a lot maturity as an AFL footballer in the years ahead. He’s not going to get games ahead of Moore and Roughead and he’s not getting games as a third tall defender either as we have guys like Howe, Madgen and Maynard who have that covered. If he can make the shift back as a forward he’s more likely to break into the team, but for the moment he provides very good cover for Moore and Roughead.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:Looks like a solid negating defender who will stay back deep and defend the goal. Good closing speed, doesn't give up if out of position and neat kick. Didn't see any really prolific intercept marking in the highlights video. Think of a more agile, fluent mover Presti type. Is going to have put on some extra size to play on gorillas. The video shows him most often going pretty short by foot after a turnover was forced. When did go long he seems to have decent length to his kicks. Probably not going to get a ton of rebounding disposals. Sticks diligently to his opponent. May be a good balance in defence allowing Moore to rebound and not be dragged back to the oppo goals.
One thing he’s not is a Lever type interceptor. Lever is an accumulator who picks up possessions at will. This guy is more a stopper. I wouldn’t give up on Dean making it as a forward though. For the moment defending is his position and at age 20 there’s a lot maturity as an AFL footballer in the years ahead. He’s not going to get games ahead of Moore and Roughead and he’s not getting games as a third tall defender either as we have guys like Howe, Madgen and Maynard who have that covered. If he can make the shift back as a forward he’s more likely to break into the team, but for the moment he provides very good cover for Moore and Roughead.
Dean is already better then Madgen
I am Da Man
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

This may sound crazy but I thunk Dean will prove our best choice from the draft. There's something about this kid.
Buon Giorno
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Big T wrote:This may sound crazy but I thunk Dean will prove our best choice from the draft. There's something about this kid.
Massive Call to say he be better then Nick Daicos
I am Da Man
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

My feeling is Dean is a long way away from holding Full back.

Somehow, I reckon he is Maxwell incarnate. He could pinch his in all KP roles of course, but with Howe getting older, he could slot nicely into that role.

Then again, we are developing a Frigging good list, and I'm like a kid in a candy store right now... not knowing which one to pick.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Suggest nickname might be “five n dime”
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Dave The Man wrote:
Big T wrote:This may sound crazy but I thunk Dean will prove our best choice from the draft. There's something about this kid.
Massive Call to say he be better then Nick Daicos
Not better than him as a player Dave, but potentially our best value pick and the type 9f player who will be a key cog in our next premiership.
Buon Giorno
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:My feeling is Dean is a long way away from holding Full back.

Somehow, I reckon he is Maxwell incarnate. He could pinch his in all KP roles of course, but with Howe getting older, he could slot nicely into that role.

Then again, we are developing a Frigging good list, and I'm like a kid in a candy store right now... not knowing which one to pick.
Dean doesn’t come across as a Maxwell type to me. He either plays FB or FF. Maxwell was a flanker who made good decisions. It’s too early to say if Charlie Dean is a good decision maker. He has a lot of growing up to do first. Time will tell. For now if you’re choosing a half back flanker Madgen easily gets a game ahead of him.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:My feeling is Dean is a long way away from holding Full back.

Problem we have next to NO depth in the KPD Postion
I am Da Man
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

dalyc wrote:Suggest nickname might be “five n dime”
Better than “the human ashtray” I guess