Sabrina Frederick = Bust

The home for conversation about our AFLW team - the best women's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Sabrina Frederick = Bust

Post by Dave The Man »

She has done Stuff all in the 1st 4 Games.

Her Opponent Dominates her

Should be Dropped after this Game vs Freo
I am Da Man
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

She played for richmond so what do you expect we should not have signed Fredrick up horrible move
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Fredricks like mason Cox just sooo frustrating to watch
maurs64
Been liked: 1 time

Post by maurs64 »

What I don't understand is how she gets bumped out of position continually. She is very solid, but every slight bump has her off balance and out of the contest. What Collingwood thought she could offer the team baffles me. Definitely needs to be off-loaded to the Bombers or Hawks next year.
jayaykay

Post by jayaykay »

maurs64 wrote:What Collingwood thought she could offer the team baffles me.
I thought she was pretty dangerous in her 1st season with Brissie. But I think the start of season 2 she looked unfit/overweight, and her form had seemingly dropped off. I really didn't follow her progress at Tigerland, but I'm sure she didn't do much of note.

That's why I also was surprised when we recruited her. But I can kinda see why...a big-bodied high forward to cause chaos for defenders allowing smaller forwards to come into play. In theory...

Has she actually played deep forward yet? From memory she's only had just the 1 shot at goal. The first 3 games against weaker opposition was her chance to show something. Sure, she's done a few good things on the ground here and there, but that's not what she was signed for, right? We want to see marks and goals!!

Last night was excruciatingly painful to watch overall from a team performance...but for Sab to be completely outpositioned and outplayed by an Irish woman (who I imagine is very new to the game) was embarrassing. It's a sad thing to see and I hope she can turn it around.
True 'Pies fans will go to the ends of the Earth for their team!!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

I’ll drop Fredrick from now on and bring back Shari norder
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Sharni was at the Freo game in the Sherrin Stand. She looked pretty relaxed & happy to be watching form the side lines.

I was at the Freo game with my uncle who is Tigers supporter and we both agreed Sabrina has been underwhelming this season. No mobility and doesn't hold enough marks to be a target in the forward line. I think Imogen Barnett would be a better option.

Agree with jayaykay, that apart from her time at Brisbane, Sabrina has underperformed. I saw her play a couple of times for the Tigers - I believe she had a couple of injuries concerns during her time there - and thought she was average compared to some of the hype.

Hope for the Pies sake she can turn her form around.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Fredericks was a bust at Bitchmond.
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

She needs to lift, no doubt.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

should dump fredrick for good cant stand her.
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

90 nice wrote:cant stand her.
Why?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

She doesnt play and we win that simple
maurs64
Been liked: 1 time

Post by maurs64 »

And yet today she kicks 4 goals in the VFLW & has more disposals in one game than she has probably had for all of her AFLW appearances this year?
Is VFLW that much easier than AFLW? Or was she positioned in the goal square where she can do the most damage?
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Currently Sabrina would be above VFLW standard but not the form for AFLW level.

Same with the VFL (men), there are players that dominate at that level but can't do the same in the AFL. The late Jack Dyer used to call them good ordinary players.

Not necessarily easier in the VFLW but it is only 2nd round so most players haven't had much match practice. TBH skill level is average but getting better. You can see players who love playing footy but don't have the skills.

Womens footy is still out the stage where there are not enough high quality players, talent is spread too thin. Hence the standard can be pretty low despite players trying their best.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome