#30 Darcy Moore

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Dave The Man wrote:
themonk wrote:No update on Moore's contract?
https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/stat ... _&ref_url=
".
@CollingwoodFC
is dangling a massive carrot in front of Darcy Moore. The deal could be a major factor in the star defender re-signing. http://7NEWS.com.au
@cleary_mitch
#7AFL #7NEWS"

How to suck eggs 101 made into a something more noteworthy than it is.

Foremost he is Darcy Moore Elite AA, and of course he will be on a top shelf deal.

Obvious it would be a nice sized carrot to keep him,

Now it has a nice angle professionally prepared for the next headline ! Very Collingwood lol
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

The "carrot" is the captaincy...
Charlie Oneeye

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Absolutely. It's the carrot that's already there, and can work toward.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Looks like he is commencing talks with Pies.
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:The "carrot" is the captaincy...
Nobody is guaranteed the captaincy. I could not see the football department guaranteeing this over 12 months out and also I couldn't see Darcy making this a condition of his signature
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
Charlie Oneeye

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

IQ extension to 2025 basically puts him on a 4-year contract.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
Nobody is guaranteed the captaincy. I could not see the football department guaranteeing this over 12 months out and also I couldn't see Darcy making this a condition of his signature
Nobody mentioned guarantees or conditions. C7 reported, as linked earlier in this thread, that "McRae and many CFC players see Moore as a captain in waiting". That's all
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Just wondering
What would he be worth on the open market????
At least a couple of first round picks.
Moore is gun.
My only concern is his hamstrings
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
For sure, if he demands the captaincy to stay, he doesn't love the club enough like Maynard and Quaynor who have signed quickly. We have a tight cap and Wright will not allow players to hold him to ransom.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

Quincy wrote:if he demands the captaincy to stay...
...which he didn't, so not sure why it's even being discussed
orie
Been liked: 1 time

Darcy Moore

Post by orie »

What the hell is he doing these days? Lynch had a field day on him. Stays way too far off his man
Even in the last quarter when he went up in the pack, he tried to outmark him..He is a backman and should have been punching the ball away.
It so peeved me to see his fellow players patting him on the head..Oh you poor boy.
Blah blah.
I would have kicked him up the rear..

Am I wrong?
I think he's been terrible.
:x
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

He is not playing his Best Position.

He is not really a KPD/Full Back as can get Exposed but without Dean and Roughead we don't have much Choice to play Moore as a Full Back

More 3rd/Loose Tall so he can Intercept then with his Elite Kicking Start Attacks from the loose ball marks
I am Da Man
Quincy

Re: Darcy Moore

Post by Quincy »

orie wrote:What the hell is he doing these days? Lynch had a field day on him. Stays way too far off his man
Even in the last quarter when he went up in the pack, he tried to outmark him..He is a backman and should have been punching the ball away.
It so peeved me to see his fellow players patting him on the head..Oh you poor boy.
Blah blah.
I would have kicked him up the rear..

Am I wrong?
I think he's been terrible.
:x
He was awful in the first 1/2 today and was nowhere near Lynch. I agree backmen should aim to punch first though when he was close to Lynch he took 3 contested grabs on him and had the most spoils on the ground. I reckon the first 1/2 was a bit of a wakeup call for him to stop giving him man all that space.

He has not played to his best this year as I think Leppitisch has been very bad for our defence strategy.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I can guarantee Moore is following the coaching panels defensive instructions because in footy, if you don’t comply, then you won’t continue to play seniors for long.
Todays result shouldn’t be about Moore. In McRaes first year, it’s about developing a sustainable game plan that takes us forward both offensively and defensively and Moore just happens to be a part of it. Moore hasn’t lost his ability but he has lost his way a bit under the new strategies. You simply can’t rebuild a clubs entire DNA and game plan in the space of 8 rounds.

Clearly we now have a game style that generates enough scoring opportunities to be competitive every week and yet you couldn’t say that 9 rounds ago. The defence will click at some point and Moore will be an important part of that but right now the defence still remains a major work in progress.
AS fly said “ we’re only eight dates into a relationship “
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Pies2016 wrote:I can guarantee Moore is following the coaching panels defensive instructions because in footy, if you don’t comply, then you won’t continue to play seniors for long.
Todays result shouldn’t be about Moore. In McRaes first year, it’s about developing a sustainable game plan that takes us forward both offensively and defensively and Moore just happens to be a part of it. Moore hasn’t lost his ability but he has lost his way a bit under the new strategies. You simply can’t rebuild a clubs entire DNA and game plan in the space of 8 rounds.

Clearly we now have a game style that generates enough scoring opportunities to be competitive every week and yet you couldn’t say that 9 rounds ago. The defence will click at some point and Moore will be an important part of that but right now the defence still remains a major work in progress.
AS fly said “ we’re only eight dates into a relationship “
Yep fair enough. I do not mind the hair ruffling as if somebody is struggling a bit , though today a lot was Moore's own doing by playing wide of his opponent, they need some consoling. It is good for team bonding and boosting of the confidence.