With new teams coming in in 2023...

The home for conversation about our AFLW team - the best women's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

With new teams coming in in 2023...

Post by Presti35 »

...are we in danger of losing any players like we did when North came in?

Would hate to see someone like Molloy go elsewhere. Especially to Essendon.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Every team is in danger of losing players.

Will depend on what the other teams can offer.
In the Pies favour is the environment they have created in the women's program and the relationship players have with the coach.

North were after instant success not building a team.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Swans are after one of Norths top players:

https://www.womens.afl/news/91831/swans ... ssive-move
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
jayaykay

Post by jayaykay »

Dark Beanie wrote:Swans are after one of Norths top players:

https://www.womens.afl/news/91831/swans ... ssive-move
Well, wouldn't that be so sad for North to have an expansion club sign up some of their "inaugural players". The shock! The horror! :lol:
True 'Pies fans will go to the ends of the Earth for their team!!
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

Lol, yeah I can live with North being poached. Just dont want to lose any Collingwood players. And to think North also got to poach players after only 2 years of the AFLW competitions existence. I hope North really get stuffed around by this.

I read earlier today that the Bulldogs will struggle to keep three of their players, with Hawks, Swans and others circling.

All I know is, theres certain players we must keep, and theres certain players we need to replace.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
jayaykay

Post by jayaykay »

Presti35 wrote:Lol, yeah I can live with North being poached. Just dont want to lose any Collingwood players. And to think North also got to poach players after only 2 years of the AFLW competitions existence. I hope North really get stuffed around by this.

I read earlier today that the Bulldogs will struggle to keep three of their players, with Hawks, Swans and others circling.

All I know is, theres certain players we must keep, and theres certain players we need to replace.
Yeah hopefully North suffers! I think we finished last after North (and others) poaching raids...including our 2 marquee signings too...the cheek!
Shame for the Dogs also if it happens, but at least they've already won a premiership!
True 'Pies fans will go to the ends of the Earth for their team!!