What made me laugh today... Pt 2

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Mum's always got her looking smart, but she's no princess. She's out the front with the older brother riding the bikes, joining in footy and basketball.

They're good parents. He leaves for work around 5:30 each morning and gets home about 3:30-4 but he's straight out the front kicking the footy or shooting hoops with the kids. Mum's out there often with them during the day too.

Last year the little girl was just getting off her training wheels. Mum set up a course on the road using mini traffic cones to make both kids learn to control the bike at slow speeds.

The boy is incredibly coordinated for a 7-8 year old. He's tiny but goes flying past on the 20" BMX standing with one foot on the seat, the other out behind him while leaning forward holding the handle bars. Loves his footy (Collingwood supporter) and confident little shit. Heard him yesterday having an argument with mum about he was going to be his teams best player this year and she was emphasising that it's best AND fairest.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Pass thanks, great description :lol: but that shit would have my heart jumping out of my chest :shock:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.

Post by #26 »

This guy's review of the Wes Anderson film The French Dispatch

"This is the kind of crap that gives graphic designers a hard on. This is Cinema "MADE IN PRADA". It makes me want to puke. Wes Anderson is the Yankee version of Roy Andersson. The very definition of "wannabe" who mocks the Genius, the Artist, the Storyteller. Anderson is an entitled nerd with too much money who spends his days masturbating in the company of his dollhouse and miniatures. This "movie" is an abomination"
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

hehehe!!

gees we dont laugh much any more do we, need to catch the pissed off thread!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange

Post by #26 »

^ I like Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums. But Moonrise Kingdom, The Budapest Hotel and, by the looks of it, The French Dispatch are too much for me.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

This could also go in the WTF thread but I did giggle in a juvenile way:

https://www.news.com.au/technology/onli ... 112ba0b41c
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Oh gawd.

Post by #26 »

Reading a Q&A with a footy player today, who described a team mate as being "a good looking rooster"

It's funny how men in footy circles complement other mens' looks by calling them "good looking roosters" because they think it sounds less gay than saying "he's a good looking man"

It sounds so archaic and homophobic.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

They use the term "rooster" as it has other connotations.

Strut, confidence, active with the females.

Post by #26 »

I see. Thanks for the clarification.
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
David

Post by David »

Post by #26 »

Comment on Big Footy

"You lefties always categorize people but have never figured out just because you don't support one government, it doesn't mean you support the other side."

:lol: