To the Zillennials: A Warning

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

I couldn't watch them last night, makes me sick when they cross to their slime in the crowd.

You're spot on Cam, even I have been lulled in to forgetting about the filth, I actually though I hated the wiggles more.... we've been reminded over the past fortnight, that these maggots are still about.
Could be a very interesting clash in 9 weeks time.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 153 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

I posted similar concerns back in March 2020. We older Nicksters have seen the worst of the Carltonovirus outbreaks, in particular a virulent strain during the 70's, 80's and 90's, however like most outbreaks it died down.

Generation Mobile Nicksters need to understand that the Carltonavirus spreads from the grounds and once it gets into the community, well it's proven near impossible to eradicate.
We have 5 known vaccines, Home & Away defeats against Collingwood and Essendon, and Carlton missing the finals.
Richmond too have proven effective combatants by making sure over the previous 12 years the Carltonavirus stopped in its tracks from Round 1.

But, it's back. I call on all of you to assemble at the MCG during Rounds 11 & 23. Round 23 we can only hope their finals chances hinge on that game and we put them to the sword.

Floreat Pica
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

You know what haunts me
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

LaurieHolden wrote:I posted similar concerns back in March 2020. We older Nicksters have seen the worst of the Carltonovirus outbreaks, in particular a virulent strain during the 70's, 80's and 90's, however like most outbreaks it died down.

Generation Mobile Nicksters need to understand that the Carltonavirus spreads from the grounds and once it gets into the community, well it's proven near impossible to eradicate.
We have 5 known vaccines, Home & Away defeats against Collingwood and Essendon, and Carlton missing the finals.
Richmond too have proven effective combatants by making sure over the previous 12 years the Carltonavirus stopped in its tracks from Round 1.

But, it's back. I call on all of you to assemble at the MCG during Rounds 11 & 23. Round 23 we can only hope their finals chances hinge on that game and we put them to the sword.

Floreat Pica
As long as we are entrenched in the Eight, I would love to see them get smashed but if not the risk of them playing finals while we don’t would piss me right off
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Yes well said Cam and so its been a couple decades of the Scum being rendered useless, and its been great but I can see them on the horizon now and they are getting real close.

The hate towards Carlton has obviously waned because of their floundering form on and off the field. It was always simmering however and I continued to say if there were 2 games you won all year it had to be against Carlton.

Ive watched with interest in 2022 and Im convinced its now time of the Blues resurgence. In a strange way Im looking forward to it and this rivalry is like no other. I hope the younger supporters get a taste of what will come... it will reinvigorate your passion and it will fill your nostrils full of steam.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Jezza
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 195 times

Post by Jezza »

Skids wrote:I couldn't watch them last night, makes me sick when they cross to their slime in the crowd.

You're spot on Cam, even I have been lulled in to forgetting about the filth, I actually though I hated the wiggles more.... we've been reminded over the past fortnight, that these maggots are still about.
Could be a very interesting clash in 9 weeks time.
Same. It's sickening!
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

LaurieHolden wrote:I posted similar concerns back in March 2020. We older Nicksters have seen the worst of the Carltonovirus outbreaks, in particular a virulent strain during the 70's, 80's and 90's, however like most outbreaks it died down.

Floreat Pica
You want them to be successful????
I'm hoping by round 23 they have lost 18 in a row
All by over 100 points
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Only 100, neil? I think some of us are getting soft.

Post by #26 »

[quote="BazBoy"]You know what haunts me
nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

Hatred has never left. Don't care where they finish or how long they've been down. Hatred of these bastards will never change.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

A Collingwood supporter who “loses” his hatred for Carlscum has very serious issues that needs to be addressed asap. Something ain’t right
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Bucks5 »

We had several chances to catch up to them on the premiership ladder and failed to take them. I will spew if they win another flag before us, especially if it only takes them just one Grand Final appearance to win it.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?

Post by #26 »

I actually hate Essendon more than I hate Carlton.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

It feels like the rise of Sauron!

Maybe we should play more Hobbits
I think therefore I think - I think