Welcome to Collingwood, Coach Craig McRae

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

spoke really well in the whole interview. What he did and didn't say, relaxed and professional.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

MagpieWhisperer35 wrote:there is something about this bloke, he seems like the type of coach that has the right blend of likability and no nonsense that makes players gell together as winners, , if he is as good a psychologist as MM was to boot, we may be in for a fun ride, I just don't know how I can handle watching Collingwood in another Grand Final when it does happen.
I have resorted to learning about Probability. I gain some joy and confidence in the fact that the probability is that we will win one…….at least in theory
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Presumption begin

Post by BazBoy »

After McRae was installed every thing was hunky dory

But it’s kinda started

Coach unedecided on De Goey

Coach too clammed up -won’t divulge game plan

Our coach gave the best possible response to “the probe”

Back under your rock now and stop trying to “invent “ a story
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

I wish he could be more exciting like Clarko or Malthouse. Lovely guy but too quiet. I want to see telephones being smashed, walls being punched, journalists being abused.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

“We’re only 8 dates into a relationship”

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Fly in the presser
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Well, that's a new one from "we're a work in progress".

It will be entertaining to see what other gems he comes up with in the future, especially if he's basing his expressions on a romantic relationship.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

As long as they use contraception and are home by 10!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

A very appropriate analogy and right up there with Rodney Eade’s “ practice matches are like dancing with your sister. There’s nothing in it “
( a quote that some on here would do well to remember )
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Jezza
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

It's a good analogy. We're a work in progress.

Some weeks have been fantastic, and others have been ordinary. I think this will be the state of play for the rest of the season.

Overall, I'm happy with the direction we're heading in. The style of play is much improved, and hopefully some of the holes in our list can be addressed in the next off season.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

We are a work in progress and yes it will take time.

At least we did not get blown away today.
2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

I get we are a work in progress and we have a young team and new coach but please tell me where our on field leaders are. Yesterday in the first qtr Noah Bolta took 4 intercept marks (everybody watching could see the issue) are our leaders out there so robotic that they can’t get together after a goal to say we need to change the way we deliver the ball forward.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

I love McCrea’s work with words! It is succinct in a wonderful way of communicating the message in a calm, relaxed manner. Enlightening.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Fly will take the gloves off when we’re past a certain point in future and if the lessons haven’t sunk in. He’s got a bit of Clarkson mongrel in him we don’t see in public, but the players will if they don’t show development by next year. ;) Coaches and players are still in the getting to know each other phase, the trade period will be interesting. Long game in play, not just short term.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Johnno75 wrote:I get we are a work in progress and we have a young team and new coach but please tell me where our on field leaders are. Yesterday in the first qtr Noah Bolta took 4 intercept marks (everybody watching could see the issue) are our leaders out there so robotic that they can’t get together after a goal to say we need to change the way we deliver the ball forward.
The reason why Balta took those marks was because we decided to play the high forward as an extra at the stoppages ( commentators said as much ) That leaves an extra in Richmond’s defence.
The idea is with the extra at the stoppage, you should gain an advantage at the contest but because we executed poorly into the F50, Balta was having a field day. The players would know they are kicking to an extra in defence but Richmond’s pressure didn’t allow us to make pin point decisions.
You could easily make Balta accountable by manning him up but the counter argument would be that we would lose more contests at the stoppages.