Game On. Pies v. Bulldogs. Late changes, comments.

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Pendlebury out. Finn Macrae in.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

I gave us some kind of chance before, but with Pendles out now I think that is a bridge too far. Without the option of throwing Pendles into the midfield, it is hard to see how we can hold them off there, let alone win the midfield battle. JDG can play through the middle, but then our forward line looks quite harmless.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

swoop42 wrote:The Dogs would have more best 22 players missing than us tonight wouldn't they?
I doubt it, now. Loss of Pendles I think is quite massive in these circumstances. Don't give us a chance now. Hope I am wrong.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

doriswilgus wrote:This is the third week in a row we’ve been ravaged by the flu.When will it ever end?
The immune system of the entire population has been ravaged by Covid. Won't ever end, unless covid is eliminated.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Magpietothemax wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:This is the third week in a row we’ve been ravaged by the flu.When will it ever end?
The immune system of the entire population has been ravaged by Covid. Won't ever end, unless covid is eliminated.
Not by Covid, by lockdowns, closed borders and all the other things used to control Covid. Flu comes in from overseas, we had no planes coming in for 2 years and no flu. Natural immunity to cold and flu is way down but it will come back with exposure. Flu vaccine also helps.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

stui magpie wrote: Not by Covid, by lockdowns, closed borders and all the other things used to control Covid. Flu comes in from overseas, we had no planes coming in for 2 years and no flu. Natural immunity to cold and flu is way down but it will come back with exposure. Flu vaccine also helps.
I am sure you are right about flu. But I am sure also that covid is a contributing factor as well. It is established that covid attacks the immune system, and the full consequences of previous infection, midterm and long term are not understood.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Callum in the centre for mine
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

Club had flu going through it during the week.

We will be struggling for 2nd week in row?
Social club member 7342 since 2000.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

robevpau1 wrote:Pendlebury out. Finn Macrae in.
Is this official?
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

robevpau1 wrote:Pendlebury out. Cal Brown in. Finn Macrae sub.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

We will learn a bit more about a few young blokes tonight.
Both Poulter and MacRae were ok on debut last year, so the real interest lies in whether they have improved on last year or if they’re only getting a game through injury. They don’t need to get a heap of it but you want them to be up with the tempo. That’s the benchmark for them tonight.
Go well, lads !
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Likewise, I wish all our young players all the best tonight. May the force be with you.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

Why the hell did they pick Callum Brown???

Pendlebury is a big loss, Brown in is a bigger loss.
- Side By Side -
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

I would say with Pendlebury out now,this is almost certainly the weakest side we’ve fielded all year.It’s going to be tough for us now.I can’t see us winning.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

slangman wrote:Why the hell did they pick Callum Brown???

Pendlebury is a big loss, Brown in is a bigger loss.
I think they wanted a relatively hard body in to replace Pendles and bolster the midfield. It was that, or play McCrae with virtually no chance to resist their midfield strength. Callum Brown has immense courage and significant physical strength, which are vital ingredients in this team at this moment.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins