Post Match. Pies v. Giants. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

Ginnivan getting is nose rubbed into the dirt after EVERY contest is starting to irritate me. I'm starting to feel bad for the kid. its overkill.
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

In spite of all the flak over the week 22 players came to the G as one

I’ve followed Pies since I was 10 years old (1951)and this group is the most committed and most together I’ve seen in that time
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Woods Of Ypres wrote:Ginnivan getting is nose rubbed into the dirt after EVERY contest is starting to irritate me. I'm starting to feel bad for the kid. its overkill.
I agree. We might have to delegate someone like Checkers to discourage behaviour like that from the opposition.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

I think Ginnivan is a cagey little bugger and I rekon he uses the physical attention he receives to motivate himself and a few players around him
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

He doesn’t have a whinge like Jack Riewoldt, just gets on with it (usually with a laugh). He loves it and critics have to respect the get on with it attitude.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Mr Miyagi wrote:He doesn’t have a whinge like Jack Riewoldt, just gets on with it (usually with a laugh).

Geezuz; does anybody have a whinge like Jack Riewoldt?!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Yep Pea Heart Joel Selwood
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

I know we nearly threw away a 6+goal lead but gee for the most part, we look the goods!... Albeit a bit jittery early across the board. We settled and overcame what potentially could be seen as a bogey team after a bye AND a distracting week. Overall, a real team performance.

Special mention to Maynard on great milestone game. After the Doggies loss I think I mentioned WHE looked like he was starting to turn a corner and that seems to be continuing. That's a big plus for us.

Nick Daicos hits up some very clever & creative options. When McCreery hunts opponents like a Spanish bull does a muleta, he is golden.

Whoever instructed the team to study the 15sec timer on the score board when they're having a set shot, please stop & let them focus on a goal kicking routine.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

You'll need to have a word to the Coach about that. In his post-game presser, he said it was his instruction.

Really, there are enough necessarily discretionary rules in the AFL for the umpires to get wrong without leaving them to determine whether a guy does or doesn't "need" 30 seconds for a shot on goal. It's actually ridicuolous. One gets very used to watching the ends of NFL games, where teams deliberately run out the clock when they are in front. This AFL stupidity has the same effect as would be achieved in the NFL by saying, eg, you can't go with running plays inside the final 2 minutes because it's deliberate time-wasting and you must have your QB throw, instead (in summary, the clock runs on a running play, come what may, whereas the clock stops on an incomplete pass).
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:When McCreery hunts opponents like a Spanish bull does a muleta, he is golden.
Nice analogy, but also excited to finally to learn that's what it's called!
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Jezza
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

think positive wrote:Cheers Jezza for the translation, much appreciated.
Boy I thought Buckley was good with the press, McCrae is a class above, brilliant answers, cleverly crafted, you’d swear it was a script!

Yes, I enjoy listening to McRae. Very composed and straight down the line.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:Cheers Jezza for the translation, much appreciated.
Boy I thought Buckley was good with the press, McCrae is a class above, brilliant answers, cleverly crafted, you’d swear it was a script!

Yes, I enjoy listening to McRae. Very composed and straight down the line.
Love the way McRae handles all the tough questions on touchy subjects, seams to take the sting out of these question putting them into perspective and answering truly without leaving him or the club open for more. Look at the way he handled the JDG saga! Always look forward to his press conferences, even when we have lost the game! Allways has a team perspective in his answers. the Fly grows on you. the way the team gels certainly reflects on the coaching.
perthmagpie

Post by perthmagpie »

10.1 to 8.17 after quarter time. If both teams had 50% accuracy we would of won by 9 goals.
Magpies love pies(Lol)
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Let’s hope we never need to check up on the losing side of that stat.