Sam Fisher - ice-trafficking allegations

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 90 times

Sam Fisher - ice-trafficking allegations

Post by Pies4shaw »

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 5awtq.html
Former St Kilda star Sam Fisher ... is accused of trafficking one kilogram of ice across the country in a kitchen rangehood
Let's see how this plays out in the media.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

That was all over the media when he was arrested 2 months ago. Lots of discussion and comment about the Drugs policy.

He was known to have issues with drugs back while he was playing.

I'm not sure why it's relevant to Jordy, it was discussed in the light of the Baily Smith revelations.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Go back and have a look at the De Goey thread, then - plenty of posts to the effect that the media should be focussing on drug-trafficking etc, instead of De Goey's brainfarts - there were even references to Matthew Stokes' "possession" proceeding. I think it's a sideshow, personally, but people have been drawing the parallel.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

My recollection of the Stokes comments were about him commenting publicly on De Goey and comparing drug dealing with what De Goey did.

This story got some media for a few days, then died. Personally I think allegedly trying to smuggle a kg of Ice far worse than anything De Goey has done, yet he received 3% of the attention or condemnation.

There have been recent ex AFL footballers arrested for allegedly actually assaulting females that got a fraction of this attention. eg https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 5a5dr.html
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

The psychologist says he’s bored with normal life, and diagnosed him with adjustment disorder!!!

You can’t make this shit up!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:My recollection of the Stokes comments were about him commenting publicly on De Goey and comparing drug dealing with what De Goey did.

This story got some media for a few days, then died. Personally I think allegedly trying to smuggle a kg of Ice far worse than anything De Goey has done, yet he received 3% of the attention or condemnation.

There have been recent ex AFL footballers arrested for allegedly actually assaulting females that got a fraction of this attention. eg https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 5a5dr.html
EX footballers

As much as I really don’t want to get into another DeGoey shit fight, the whole thing accelerated after he put up the post about the media hounding sports stars, pissed a few off maybe?

Yes it was over the top but that says more about the hunger of the readers than the reporters

Case in point, I posted in the Cox thread about him becoming an Aussie, look how long it took for a comment
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

stui magpie wrote:Personally I think allegedly trying to smuggle a kg of Ice far worse than anything De Goey has done....
I don't think there's much doubt about that. It would be hard to find anyone of average intelligence (ie, not a St Kilda supporter) who thinks that anything De Goey has been found guilty of is comparable to alleged ice-trafficking. I don't want to speculate about Fisher's particular case but charges of this kind, if proven, typically lead your average trafficker to an immediate custodial sentence of substantial length.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Yes, well Andrew Krakouer's dad Jim did 18 years for a car door full of meth.

Fisher isn't indigenous though so he'll probably get a good behaviour bond.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote: EX footballers

As much as I really don’t want to get into another DeGoey shit fight, the whole thing accelerated after he put up the post about the media hounding sports stars, pissed a few off maybe?

Yes it was over the top but that says more about the hunger of the readers than the reporters

Case in point, I posted in the Cox thread about him becoming an Aussie, look how long it took for a comment
Hey, I didn't start the thread about EX footballers. :lol:

I don't want a shit fight either, I've limited my posting in that thread. Maybe he did piss off a few journos, truth hurts. That was a failure of management. He should have just shut up til he got home.

Collingwood sells papers, always have.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote: EX footballers

Hey, I didn't start the thread about EX footballers. :lol:

I don't want a shit fight either, I've limited my posting in that thread. Maybe he did piss off a few journos, truth hurts. That was a failure of management. He should have just shut up til he got home.

Collingwood sells papers, always have.
pretty much what i said, and apparently im a serial killer on a hunt for de goey blood! not much common sense, i confess i got sucked in.l

my point was always Bali was just icky, but combined with the rest of his rap sheet it was seriously a bad idea! but any way! i hopw he puts his big boy knickers on and gets back to the club!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

think positive wrote:The psychologist says he’s bored with normal life, and diagnosed him with adjustment disorder!!!

It is a hard adjustment though. I know ex musicians who absolutely struggle with day to day life, and need the constant excitement of performing. Hell, I struggle with “boring life” but I’ve got no friggin choice.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
think positive wrote:The psychologist says he’s bored with normal life, and diagnosed him with adjustment disorder!!!

It is a hard adjustment though. I know ex musicians who absolutely struggle with day to day life, and need the constant excitement of performing. Hell, I struggle with “boring life” but I’ve got no friggin choice.
i agree, i hate working from home, especially now the kids are not around much, but i dont take ice!