Post Match. Pies sink Suns. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Presti35 wrote:Is it possible to make it to 50 if you support the Pies?

Every week it's a heart attack.
Yes :lol:
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

With everything crossed, I think that Darcy has hyperextended his knee.

I surmise this because if he had done an ACL, they would not have needed to ice up his knee/ligaments- there is actually no point in doing so.

What a class act he is- coming out with a beaming smile to sing the song with his mates after a come-from-behind victory.

I felt that we played with an element of hubris tonight- got jumped early and then eased off the accelerator when we were a few goals up.

I was horrified when Ginnivan went around the corner with a set shot from 40 out, dead in front...

We did not get much out of Henry, McCreery tonight, but the conditions were pretty lousy. I was impressed by the efforts of Ruscoe and Murphy- both will need to step up again in Moore's anticipated absence. At least we get Howe back.

Changes for North Melbourne game:

Out- Moore (injured) Chugg (Medi-sub)
In- Howe, Kelly.

I would not be at all surprised if one of Dean, McMahon or Kelly came into the 22 next week.

If we can win against North Melbourne, the momentum we are building will only continue to grow.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Duff Soviet Union
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Duff Soviet Union »

think positive wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:Sidebottom is so frustrating ... all the skill in the world but so, so lazy and always trying the dinky, cute crap.
WTF must have watched a different game, he was brilliant, and every week he is encouraging the kids.
Yeah, there are certainly weeks the first quote applies, but he was really good tonight (and the last few weeks really)
"We ain't gotta dream no more"
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Dark Beanie wrote:
Presti35 wrote:Is it possible to make it to 50 if you support the Pies?

Every week it's a heart attack.
Yes :lol:
Haff proves its possible to make it to 80 ;)
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

think positive wrote:
piffdog wrote:Jeez - quick to lock the game thread. How about you jump on the Jordy thread with the same haste and wrap that one up…???

Got more touches in Bali :wink:
:lol:
He Looked out of sorts and really we didn't link up with him. Gold Coast didn't allow our midfielders much room. It was man on man, and they physically took to our players constantly off the ball. Still, we have played at a high level for a Month and a half so it's reasonable we can't be sharp all the time.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

The Suns are bloody tough to beat up there. They’ve belted both the Blues and Dockers up there this year. They just grow an extra leg and seem to win all those 50 / 50 contests.
Howe to come back and hopefully Dean plays well in the VFL because you would think there’s a position for him in the short term at least.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by piffdog »

Shouldn’t underestimate the conditions. The track a heavy 10 and prettt sticky compared to Melbourne in June.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Pies2016 wrote:...Howe to come back and hopefully Dean plays well in the VFL because you would think there’s a position for him in the short term at least.
I'll be watching the VFL tomorrow, online.
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Jezza
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 192 times

Post by Jezza »

🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

An ugly win is still a win, bank the 4 and get outta Dodge.

As someone else pointed out, we got smashed in the middle, some really concerning signs there, and I'm really not sure what we can do about it...maybe Callum Brown? Or perhaps Carmichael?

Adams, he does some great work, but the constant butchering of the ball just sets us back so much....

De Goey very much out of sorts, to be expected really.

Goal kicking poor as per usual, although so were conditions.

5 straight; can't complain with that!
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Would you complain less about the 6 in a row that we've actually won? :wink:
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Danger game next week than PS4!
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

FFS tried our best to lose for quite a while there. Then pulled out some inspiring stuff in red time as the Suns faded.
Get back on top.
VicParkTragic
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by VicParkTragic »

What'sinaname wrote:
Skids wrote:I don't think Moores injury will be as bad as some are anticipating.
I'm anticipating amputation, so I hope you're right.
Which piece will they discard????
Living in Geelong, barracking for the 'pies!
BenBronx
Been liked: 1 time

Post by BenBronx »

Another close encounter but most importantly another win. Six in a row and ten for the year. It's just nice to be winning these games rather than the honourable losses we seemed to get under Bucks. Hopefully North next weekend will provide a good chance to start building our percentage.

Any news just yet on the injury to Darcy Moore? Hopefully it isn't as bad as it first looked.