Post Match. Pies prevail. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Greening gold wrote:It’s a curious thing. Lot of people complaining, justifiably in my view, about the poor performance of our midfield. Yet Taylor Adams featured well in the votes for the Gavin Brown Medal. Sorry but I don’t get it. Adams does not win it out of the centre.
Coaches thought differently to you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Get back on top.
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

Felt a bit like the bad old Buckley days...but in reverse... 3 bad quaters then 1 good quater. Under Bucks first quater was the good one... then we just stop playing.

I actually watched the Hawthorn v Adelaide game today Crows were solid.

They will be at home, they also have three super forwards in Walker, Fogarty and Thilthorp.

Anything less then 4 quaters, mark my words we lose this game.

On this week's form alone Crows go in favourites.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Cam wrote:
Greening gold wrote:It’s a curious thing. Lot of people complaining, justifiably in my view, about the poor performance of our midfield. Yet Taylor Adams featured well in the votes for the Gavin Brown Medal. Sorry but I don’t get it. Adams does not win it out of the centre.
Coaches thought differently to you.
Now I know disposal efficiency doesn’t really come in it
(61%) for Tay, therefore 17 effective.
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

derkd wrote:Felt a bit like the bad old Buckley days...but in reverse... 3 bad quaters then 1 good quater. Under Bucks first quater was the good one... then we just stop playing.

They will be at home, they also have three super forwards in Walker, Fogarty and Thilthorp.

I think we are in big trouble without DeGoey, Grundy Adams and possibly Moore from best 22. We were pretty putrid yesterday, so Think Crows would be justified favorites.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Geez, Lipinski had a shocker. Easily the worst game he’s had with us.
The only way is up !
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Adams last quarter got us back in the game, worth a rewatch.
Get back on top.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Pies2016 wrote:Geez, Lipinski had a shocker. Easily the worst game he’s had with us.
The only way is up !
He sure did. It was also probably Crisp's quietest game all year as well. We will need them both firing next weekend.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Did anyone notice last Saturday the "1985 Kevin Sheedy tactics" of holding up the play and the player EVERY time we had a free kick or took a mark? The Roos did it relentlessly.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

RudeBoy wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:Geez, Lipinski had a shocker. Easily the worst game he’s had with us.
The only way is up !
He sure did. It was also probably Crisp's quietest game all year as well. We will need them both firing next weekend.
My sense is he's a bloke who doesn't believe he belongs, a bit like Cameron in past seasons. Might need some time to build up confidence. If that's right - and it's just a hunch - he's naturally gifted and has some upside in him because the good things he does are very good.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
maurs64
Been liked: 1 time

Post Match. Pies prevail. All comments.

Post by maurs64 »

inxs88 wrote:Did anyone notice last Saturday the "1985 Kevin Sheedy tactics" of holding up the play and the player EVERY time we had a free kick or took a mark? The Roos did it relentlessly.
I thought the new rules stopped that crap. Brody should have been given a 50 metre penalty, but the umpire awarded the North player a free kick for high contact. Clearly the worst free kick of the match.
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

ABC Breakfast Tony Armstrong just announced North Melbourne have just sacked their coach David Noble
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

derkd wrote:Felt a bit like the bad old Buckley days...but in reverse... 3 bad quaters then 1 good quater. Under Bucks first quater was the good one... then we just stop playing.

Adelaide don’t have a game plan. What’s the use of having the best forwards in the game if it takes you 20 goes to get it from the backline to the forward line. Unless of course Adelaide suddenly discovers a game plan when they play us. Nothing surprises me when it’s Collingwood.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Post Match. Pies prevail. All comments.

Post by David »

maurs64 wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Did anyone notice last Saturday the "1985 Kevin Sheedy tactics" of holding up the play and the player EVERY time we had a free kick or took a mark? The Roos did it relentlessly.
I thought the new rules stopped that crap. Brody should have been given a 50 metre penalty, but the umpire awarded the North player a free kick for high contact. Clearly the worst free kick of the match.
When was this, exactly? Second quarter? I saw it at the game but wanted to watch it again on the broadcast to figure out WTF happened. It looked like it should have been a 50 metre penalty to me.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

One of the worst officiated games I’ve ever seen. It’s just mind boggling to me that we sit through this bullying by the umpires every single freaking week and not do anything about it. Nth rag dolled every Collingwood player before and after every contest with no consistency to the rules. It just has to stop.
no second chances