match report pies v aints

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Ed from WA

match report pies v aints

Post by Ed from WA »

Our banner said it all..reward mediocrity..50 games to BK.
he almost got long service leave first!!
Our bench is wakes,willo,mullins and nixon to open the game.
Why Wakes is on the pine and kinnear is on the field is a mystery that must have a part 2 because im still in the dark after this weeks episode.

Umpire nofrees to the pies tonight bounces the ball,guerra hits lokan and gehrig hits the post.
Lokan goes off and i presume the video umps will charge guerra for an elbow.
St kilda get a dream run on the ground from the scumps each week,this week they get 8 frees in the first qtr we get 5 by 3 qtr time.
i watched a bit of the sts v nth game and a similar thing happened,the umps gave st kilda a dream start and it was game over by qtr time then too.

For a side that hits hard.high and late all the time,takes the rules to the extreme limits in pulling and holding behind play,similar to brisbane its a joke that umpires dont penalise them yet crucify the opposition for doing the same.

Why is it up to the video next week that catches them out and not the umps on the ground?
that must be part of the mystery that will be cleared up later as well.

Woey is everywhere early,gets hit high about 4 times for no reward, there are mismatches all over the field.
MM must be catching up on some sleep as wakes is on the pine all the while walker and lonie are being cut to ribbons by taller and quicker opponents.

We have 2 sorties fwd that result in goals to taz and ant from marks but the game is already over as the saints have banged 39 points to 13 by the first break.
When lonie grabbed the ball on the back flank and ended up running it thru for a point for them i almost choked.
what is going on?
second qtr starts with a saint mark and a saint goal followed by free number nine and another goal.
Taz marks but misses and they goal from the kick in.
Its ugly.
I hope MM wakes up soon that wakes is on the bench.
We lift the intensity tackle wise as soon as wakes hits the turf,MCG and Ant get goals and willo misses a sitter,why hes even in the team is another mystery.
67-28 at half time.

Woey takes a courageous mark,gets belted late,no 50,point only.
Richards is going well,johnno goals on the run
taz snaps a point,straight down the other end gehrig gets a gift free and they get goal number 4 for the night via the umps.
at this stage we havent had 4 frees all night.
All of a sudden we start winning the centre breaks resulting in dashes from centre and goals to Ant and taz .
Then Ant hits the post with another shot and the aints goal from the kick in.
next 2 clearances are 2 more goals to us.
It looks easy.
sadly we miss some easy shots that might have made it interesting,and the aints get their 5th goal from a free kick when cole and milne slip over and cole is pinged.
moments later lika has the same thing happen to him,but no free of course to us.
In a moment i found very ironic with 30 secs to 3/4 time we are screaming down field towards goal when a scump decides we can have a free in the back pocket and brings the ball back siren goes 100-69 down.

final term starts with us scoring a rushed point and the aints goaling from the kick in.
leon snaps a goal and the aints goal from the next clearance.
Lonie fumbles as we supposedly were going fwd,turnover and goal to aints.
The umps find 6 frees to us,mostly in the back half in the last qtr as their coach must have informed them of the discrepancy at the last break.
we scramble a few goals but they scramble more.
Didak has a run from the back pocket to the fwd flank gives off to willo and of course he fluffs it and kicks a point.
Im looking forward to part 2 of this mystery story.
why is kinnear actually in the team?
why also is willo there?
why cant umpires see the infringements aints commit?
why are our skills so poor?
do our players actually have heads? umpires dont seem to think we do.
why was wakes left on the pine?
why for the second week in a row did clokes man get dragged so MM drags cloke too,and again when the opponent went back on cloke went elsewhere.

its an indictment that a 47 point defeat can be called a good effort.
but some of it was ok.

the team with a dud coach but good recruits pulled the pants down of the team with a good coach and poor recruits.

not looking forward too far,next weeks game is a channel 9 3 hr delay so i may not even watch it if i dont hear what i like on the radio as it happens.
In fact if we keep playing this bad,radio may be safer.