They just don't believe us

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

They just don't believe us

Post by Harrysz »

I never care about who tips us to win and who doesn't. If all of the tipsters picked us to win, that doesn't increase our chances of winning. Kane Cornes can tip against us for as long as he likes. That doesn't make him a "flog", as has been suggested here.

But, I would have thought after winning 11 games in a row including the current premiers twice, that there'd be a little more love for us. Yes I know, Sydney's won 5 games in a row and they're hard to beat at the SCG and some of our players might have the flu. But you'd think that more than one of The Age's footy tipsters would have picked us to win; that one being Caroline Wilson of all people.I'm not sure what we have to do to convince some tipsters. Maybe win the premiership? Perhaps.

Some of these tipsters are like the economist who predicted 5 of the last 3 recessions. Eventually we'll lose a match and then they'll say they've been right all along. I don't care what the tipsters believe. The main thing is that our great coaches, McRae in particular, have got the players, the team, believing. Well, here's MY tip, with a small caveat. We will beat Sydney. The caveat. If any of our players are flu affected I will change my tip.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

They just hate us. It’s a genetic bias from 100 years of bullshit from media and other club supporters.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I have always loved all the hating
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

[quote="lazzadesilva"]I have always loved all the hating
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Funniest thing for me is the west Aussies who hate us over here, they have no clue why, they just do because everybody else does.... old Wait Awhile... you have to live here to fully appreciate the stupidity.
Don't count the days, make the days count.