Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

ThePieMind

Post by ThePieMind »

eddiesmith wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Todays loss proves we absolutely do need him back in the ruck, and we need JDG too, both of them, todays loss showed us that conclusively. Fact.
s

Outside of quoting Egyptian Pharaohs, I would love to know what Facts you are looking at to prove Grundy and JDG making the difference. We won the hit outs, and centre clearances against the Swans. Sure we lost the stoppage clearances.
Definitely miss JDG, but Grundy played in our other losses to top 4 sides so yeah wouldn't have made any difference.
Please stop with the lies.
Before injury his injury on ANZAC day in RD 6, the only Top4 teams we played and lost to, were Geel and BNE.
So that's 2 not 4.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

As good as Grundy is, I wouldn’t be disappointed if we did a trade and got Taranto and Bruhn, plus McStay as steak knives.
88MPH

Post by 88MPH »

This is soooooooooooooo ridiculous.

Athletic, dominant big men come around once in a generation and we want to trade the one we've got?!?

Why did we sign him to such a huge contract in the first place? Because he's an absolute gun.

Why are Melbourne so keen to get him? Because he's an absolute gun.

Why do Geelong want him? Because he's an absolute gun.

It's just a shame that he's out for the year so he didn't get the chance to remind those in the football department what abject stupidity the proposed trading of him represents.

If the Club wants to take us back to the Steve McKee, Chris Bryan, Guy Richards days then sure, go ahead. Trade him out. But this would be a mistake that we will look back on and wince.

No disrespect to Cox and Cameron - they have been great. But truly, they ain't no Brodie Grundy.
3KZ is football
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by Piesnchess »

^ And with our luck, a fit healthy Grundy would play in a Premiership side, for another top Club, and rreally rub salt into our wounds. Im over that Treloar crap, paying out a contract for a player, who then plays against us, most insane idea i football ive ever come across, we pay someone big money, to then play against us. Just utter madness, learn from that fiasco, Graham Wright, please.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

ThePieMind wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:s

Outside of quoting Egyptian Pharaohs, I would love to know what Facts you are looking at to prove Grundy and JDG making the difference. We won the hit outs, and centre clearances against the Swans. Sure we lost the stoppage clearances.
Definitely miss JDG, but Grundy played in our other losses to top 4 sides so yeah wouldn't have made any difference.
Before injury his injury on ANZAC day in RD 6, the only Top4 teams we played and lost to, were Geel and BNE.
So that's 2 not 4.
Your point? It was the other so other than Sydney and the 4th team we’ve beaten, twice, without Grundy.

I’ll accept your apology now…
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 79 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

I’ve been reading this thread for a while and the one thing people seem to be missing is the following
If Grundy is he’ll bent on staying at Collingwood he wouldn’t have met personally with Melbourne, wouldn’t have had his agent meet with GWS and could have easily come out and said clearly
“I won’t be leaving Collingwood under any circumstances no matter what happens”
The sticking point for people is his wage
Grundy circa 2018/19 was flying and widely regarded as a top 10 player in the competition
Fast forward to after his new deal years 2020/21 and the limited games played 2022 and he is not the same player
Be it coaching or lack of hunger or the most likely fact other clubs figured out his weaknesses of having a tap radius of 3 feet around his feet and can barely take a mark above his head he’s been exposed
Melbourne see Gawn as a FF pinch ruck and see Grundy as a ruck only
Jackson has been playing more ruck time recently than Gawn so there showing there hand
Jackson will get Melbourne at least a first round draft pick which could be ours as part of the deal
They offered Jackson $750k so they must have that in cap space for Grundy meaning we would have to chip in around $150/$200k a season freeing up $700/$800k a season
Given we are likely to shed at least 1 Brown plus some one like WHE and 1 other player and the likelihood of Sidey plays in it will be on drastically reduced $$$ we would have a war chest of close to $1.7-$2m at our disposal for new recruits targeted to fill immediate needs
We obviously had enough room in our cap to offer JDG around $750k prior to all this Grundy talk
So we could add 3 ready made players like Taranto McStay and another with the cash we have
We would lose Grundy Brown WHE and 1 other
Pick up 3 ready made experienced players and a extra 1st round draft pick and maybe some draft pick upgrades (steak knives in Grundy deal)
The thing that never leaves my mind is after Grundy signed his mega deal he comes out and says winning a premiership won’t define me as a person !
I would have thought saying something like
I will do whatever is in my power to win a premiership for this club that just handed me $7m reasons too

Silly season is closing in fast so let’s buckle up ans get ready for the ride
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Grundy has had 6 games in the Fly system. I think he suits it perfectly. Time will tell.
Get back on top.
Presti35
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Presti35 »

Peter Wright and Sam Draper are out of contract in 2023.

Make them an offer now.

What am I saying, as if Dodoro will trade them, especially to us.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
think positive
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Cam wrote:Grundy has had 6 games in the Fly system. I think he suits it perfectly. Time will tell.
This!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

think positive wrote:
Cam wrote:Grundy has had 6 games in the Fly system. I think he suits it perfectly. Time will tell.
This!
Yes, but I've got the patience of a toddler and I'm bitterly jealous of those who excel at something and earn more than me because it makes me feel even more of a loser than I am already. I've staked what's left of my self-worth on Grundy being rubbish; there will be no going back now, even if it leaves everyone worse off, including myself. The sooner you both learn it's all about me and my fragile self-esteem, and nothing to with either Grundy or the club, the better!
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Reported he has met with Melbourne and was very impressed
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

During the first date phase too. Since he’s been out, fly and the team got serious and talking about marriage.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

88MPH wrote:This is soooooooooooooo ridiculous.

Athletic, dominant big men come around once in a generation and we want to trade the one we've got?!?

Why did we sign him to such a huge contract in the first place? Because he's an absolute gun.

Why are Melbourne so keen to get him? Because he's an absolute gun.

Why do Geelong want him? Because he's an absolute gun.

It's just a shame that he's out for the year so he didn't get the chance to remind those in the football department what abject stupidity the proposed trading of him represents.

If the Club wants to take us back to the Steve McKee, Chris Bryan, Guy Richards days then sure, go ahead. Trade him out. But this would be a mistake that we will look back on and wince.

No disrespect to Cox and Cameron - they have been great. But truly, they ain't no Brodie Grundy.
This
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
ThePieMind

Post by ThePieMind »

eddiesmith wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
eddiesmith wrote: Definitely miss JDG, but Grundy played in our other losses to top 4 sides so yeah wouldn't have made any difference.
So that's 2 not 4.
Your point? It was the other so other than Sydney and the 4th team we’ve beaten, twice, without Grundy.

I’ll accept your apology now…
I'm not beyond apologises - I misread your post.
Sorry if i caused any embarassment.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Unfortunately if Grundy has personally met Melbourne himself, as reported, then a trade looks likely.